I treveled with my family Jan 17-24. I was a bit skeptical and nervous before we got to the resort fue to all the negative reviews I was reading, but overall I had a great experiance. One of the first employees that we encountered was Raymond the bellhop. He was very friendly and explained everything in detail, he did everything to ensure that we were satusfied with our room and felt comfortable. I wish I could encounter an employee like this in every resort that I visit. Another person who went out of their way to make us comfotable was Luis the restaurnt manager. To say that this guy has his work cut out for him would be an understatement. Apparently the staff was very lax while the hotel was under the Breezes name. Now being under AMResorts, they actually have to work! Luis works his butt off to make sure that all staff are doing their job and that every guest is comfortable.
The snorkeling at this resort was amazing. The house reef is a treasure and I recommend that everyone bring their own snorkel gear, or you can borrow it from the hotel. Watersport equipment was always available with no time limit.
The food was good, not expecially great.. but good. My favorite was Himitsu and Oceana. Ruthmaira from Ocean did a great job.
The buffet is the weakest point of the hotel. The breakfast was always the same and there wasnt much of a selection. Not to mention there was alway a shortage of something..juice, glasses, forks, coffee.. you name it..there was ALWAY something missing. The staff were also not in a hurry to help. The dinner at the buffet was good, I enjoyed the cheesecake. The most authentic food was found at the buffett dinners...goat, pumpkin etc.
The drinks were good and they did have a good selection of alcohol, that i until they ran out. I had jack and coke for the first half of the week, but I guess I drank it all. :)
Try a drink called the "Blue Lagoon"
We stayed in the Flamingo building with a ocean view room. The room was clean and pleasant but there were a few things that didint seem finished. There was no phone service in the entire building so I had to walk down to the front desk for everything. Maybe they have phones by now. The ocean view was well worth the extra cost.
There was outdoor entertainment every night, there were a few musicians that we enjoyed some that we didint.
Ohh and very important...PLEASE BRING BUG SPRAY!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad