$148
Hilton Curacao(Willemstad)
$189
$163
  • Pool
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
$186
$122
$97
Priceline
5,564 results
All reviewssun clubbluewater grilljapanese restaurantentertainment teamworld cafeseafoodflamingo buildinga la carte restaurantsda mariofire showthe blue water grillcoco cafeoceana barjohnny rocketbaby lovecandy mankids club
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This island is beautiful! The resort recently changed hands and is still working out the kinks but overall is was a good time! We read reviews before our trip which were somewhat negative and left us concerned however it was very helpful to follow the recommendation to stay in The Pelican building. The specialty restaurants were excellent with great food and service. We especially enjoyed the Oceana with service from Ruthnaira.The watersports and equipment were lots of fun however,they need to place a time limit on paddle boats and kyacks on weekends when "day groups" visit. They really made an effort on Super Bowl Sunday to make it fun and festive!!! The concierge and front desk was very helpful. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was friendly. They need to continue to improve. We would come back again.

Room Tip: Since they are still renovating request the Pelican Building or Flamingo. We heard from other visitors that the Tower is very loud!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Barb M
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ask for a room in the renovated part of hotel. Rooms starting with a 7 or 8 seem to be all quite nice and fairly updated. We were in a '6', although decor updated, bathroom rough, 1/2 balcony (can't sit on it). No blankets in the room, found it chilly with AC at times, would've liked a blanket. Food overall was good in all restaurants especially Italian and the Japanese, but service slow in between courses, especially in Italian. We were with a group; some bars ran out of certain booze and mix at night i.e. Baileys; also if you want to upgrade the wine it's limited. Overall had a good time, pool and beach areas were nice, staff friendly. Towel service not always available although got better as week went on. Check in and out process extremely slow and person who checks you in can't handle the credit card, so then you are passed to the 'money' person, who if busy with someone else, you have to wait again. Also, they wouldn't pre authorize more than $100 on the credit card each time, so if our wine exceeded the limit that night for dinner (upgrading for a group), it was a process - had to go to front desk again to get it straightened out. So unnecessary. Wi-Fi at $40US per week not worth it - pretty much nonexistent in your room, unless you get lucky and even around pool area hard to pick up. Go to town and sit in a cafe...you have instant Wi Fi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated part of hotel. Rooms starting with a 7 or 8 seem to be all quite nice and fairly updated. We were in a '6', although decor updated, bathroom rough, 1/2 balcony (can't sit on it). No blankets in the room,found it chilly with AC at times, would've liked a blanket.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank waneki
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When i called to make the reservation on friday the 15th, the front desk put me through to the reservation department, and they hung up the telephone. After the fifth time trying and I finally ,made a reservation. I asked if the transportation to and from the report is included and the lady said yes. I gave her my arrival and departure time. I gave my credit card information and got a confirmation number.

After arriving at 19.50 at the airport i went to the lady with the Sunscape resort sign. She said my name is not on 'the list'. She proceeded to call her manager, who called and confirmed I had a reservation, but since i'm not on 'the list' the front desk manager named Kurt at Sunscape, told her I had to wait for other guests to arrive half an hour later with American Airlines. I sat on a chair IN THE DARK waiting for half an hour, for her to tell me they didn't arrive and that I now have to wait more than half an hour for people to arrive from Surinam with Insel Air. I asked her to speak to the manager, because i had no telephone connection with my cell. She said: ' i'm not wasting my telephone card on calling my manager again'. So after waiting and waiting, i took a taxi which cost me 40 dollars.

I arrived at the hotel at 22.00 and told the manager on duty what happened. She said they would refund the 40 dollars in the morning. I said i don't have much time in the morning because my reason for travel is a business meeting in the morning. She said no worries she will leave a report.

I ate food that was disgusting. Hot dogs and hamburgers were dried out, and rice was like little pieces of rock. They sat there for god knows how long to get so dried out. Besides that I got LOTS OF MOSQUITO BITES in the restaurant! I waited 20 minutes to get a coca cola from a waitress who looked at me like I was not welcome.

I went to my room and it smelled like alcohol and had dirty towels on the floor and trash laying around. The phone didn't work to call the front desk, so I walked all the way back. The second room had a used soap bar in the bathroom. But I was done complaining and just went to sleep.

Next morning I checked out, and the lady said you are OK to leave. I said no, i still need to get the change from last night plus the taxi fare. She said oh yes, i have 10 dollars change from last night but not the 40 dollars taxi fare. I needed to leave for my meeting, so i left.

I HAD to wright a review, because not even at a 2 star hotel I've been treated this bad. Bad food, worst service, and not all inclusive with transportation. Dirty rooms and waist of time waiting and begging for service that is suppose to be included.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank Giselle D
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at Sunscape from Feb. 3 to Feb. 10/13. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive due to some of the reviews that I had read prior to our departure but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were a group of 4 couples. Some of us had rooms in the Tower. Although, it has not been renovated yet, our room and balcony were quite large and it was very quiet in that section. The room was attended to at least once a day so we never had a shortage of towels, soap, shampoo and drinks in our room. We did not have a fridge in our room like some of the renovated rooms but we managed without. We did not spend a lot of time in our room anyway.
The week we were there was not especially busy so it made it quite pleasant at the pool and on the beach. We never had trouble getting chairs at either place, although, I must complain that many times when I went to get beach towels, I was told that there were none. We made use of most of the amenities that the resort provided. Some of us went to the spa and had massages. They were nice and relaxing! We went out on the hobie cats, kayaks and paddleboats which were a lot of fun. I really liked that you could snorkel right there at the resort. You just had to swim out to the breaker to see the fish.
The entertainment team are a great group of people like Choo Choo, O'Bryan, Jonathan, to name a few! There were activities going on everyday that you could participate in, if so desired. I have to say that all the employees were very friendly and accommodating.
We had no problem getting into the restaurants and found the food very good. We really enjoyed Himitsu restaurant as they put on quite a show while they are cooking the food in front of us. We were looked after very attentively by Movetta on our second night at this restaurant. Luis, the restaurant manager, was always around at the restaurants checking on how our food was and how the service was, etc. Enjoyed dining at the Oceana as it felt like we were right on the beach having dinner and the food was good there too. We ate at the Grill a few times for lunch and dinner and enjoyed the food there too. We only had dinner at the World Cafe once but had breakfast there everyday and some lunches and had no trouble finding something that we liked. The ice cream is the best kept secret at the World Cafe. It was one of the best that I've had anywhere!
We took the 10 minute walk from the resort to the Seaquarium and it was well worth it. The dolpin and sea lion shows were entertaining and the interactive part of the tour with the sharks, stingrays, etc. was very good. We also took the hotel shuttle into Willemstad one day and shopped and explored this pretty city.
We had a great week at Sunscape! We have stayed at nicer resorts but Sunscape had everything that we wanted to make our holiday enjoyable and memorable. We would recommend this resort and would definitely like to go back sometime.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Joyce H
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Overall I would recommend this hotel. It really lived up to its all-inclusive potential, there were lots of opportunities for food and drink. Our room was nicely decorated and comfortable, and had a beautiful view. The staff on average were courteous and tried to be helpful. Indeed there were quite a few staff members who went beyond the call of duty. However there was lot left to be desired when it came to the accomplishment of requests. For example we asked for an extra blanket and some towels, and although the staff promised it would be there soon we never got it, despite many calls to housekeeping. We also had some problems when checking in. It took us 2-3 hrs to be given a room, and the administration was unable to give us any information as to why the long wait.

Positives:
Very family friendly, lots of activities for children.
Friendly and helpful staff
Lots of food and drink options.
Nice grounds and pools.
Beachfront and water sports.

Negatives:
Lack of accomplishment of requests

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends