We stayed at Sunscape from Feb. 3 to Feb. 10/13. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive due to some of the reviews that I had read prior to our departure but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were a group of 4 couples. Some of us had rooms in the Tower. Although, it has not been renovated yet, our room and balcony were quite large and it was very quiet in that section. The room was attended to at least once a day so we never had a shortage of towels, soap, shampoo and drinks in our room. We did not have a fridge in our room like some of the renovated rooms but we managed without. We did not spend a lot of time in our room anyway.
The week we were there was not especially busy so it made it quite pleasant at the pool and on the beach. We never had trouble getting chairs at either place, although, I must complain that many times when I went to get beach towels, I was told that there were none. We made use of most of the amenities that the resort provided. Some of us went to the spa and had massages. They were nice and relaxing! We went out on the hobie cats, kayaks and paddleboats which were a lot of fun. I really liked that you could snorkel right there at the resort. You just had to swim out to the breaker to see the fish.
The entertainment team are a great group of people like Choo Choo, O'Bryan, Jonathan, to name a few! There were activities going on everyday that you could participate in, if so desired. I have to say that all the employees were very friendly and accommodating.
We had no problem getting into the restaurants and found the food very good. We really enjoyed Himitsu restaurant as they put on quite a show while they are cooking the food in front of us. We were looked after very attentively by Movetta on our second night at this restaurant. Luis, the restaurant manager, was always around at the restaurants checking on how our food was and how the service was, etc. Enjoyed dining at the Oceana as it felt like we were right on the beach having dinner and the food was good there too. We ate at the Grill a few times for lunch and dinner and enjoyed the food there too. We only had dinner at the World Cafe once but had breakfast there everyday and some lunches and had no trouble finding something that we liked. The ice cream is the best kept secret at the World Cafe. It was one of the best that I've had anywhere!
We took the 10 minute walk from the resort to the Seaquarium and it was well worth it. The dolpin and sea lion shows were entertaining and the interactive part of the tour with the sharks, stingrays, etc. was very good. We also took the hotel shuttle into Willemstad one day and shopped and explored this pretty city.
We had a great week at Sunscape! We have stayed at nicer resorts but Sunscape had everything that we wanted to make our holiday enjoyable and memorable. We would recommend this resort and would definitely like to go back sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad