I visited Curacao for week with family. It was our first time there and we found the city very charming and different from most other cities we've visited on sun vacations. There was a free shuttle downtown from the hotel twice daily which was nice. I'm not a huge shopper but for anyone interested in jewellery or watches, you'll get a good deal for sure.
The hotel wasn't glamorous but we werent expecting that anyway. At first our room was in the Royal Tower but we found it hard to sleep the first night (Sunday) because of the parties going on at the neighbouring beach (Mambo Beach). Rooms in the royal tower are huge but outdated. We were then moved to another building (Heron i think?) which was really pretty. We noticed that things were being added to the rooms daily. They are clearly putting their best efforts forward to get the hotel ready asap.
I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for the 16-25 crowd, its mostly a family and couple-oriented resort and there aren't many activities during the day from what we saw. The beach is also very short which was probably the biggest disappointment for me. But Mambo Beach next door was pretty live..there are two or three bars there and good music on the weekends.
We were really impressed by all the a la cart restaurants. All of the staff at the bars and restaurants were incredibly sweet. Shout out to Tim the new bar manager!! Let's just say he makes some creative drinks on the spot and is fantastic at what he does ;) Entertainment staff was also a lot of fun even though they've been told to maintain a more chill environment now that the hotel is becoming a Sunscape.
Loveeeeddd the tropical fish that hang out in the shallow waters. They were so cute! Go to the Sunscape with an open mind and take in the sights and sounds this unique Island has to offer. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad