My family and I stayed over Christmas. The resort itself was formerly Breezes and taken over by Sunscape. When we booked we heard only good things about this resort. However when we got there it was a different story. The resort was very unorganized and the staff was either very nice or horrible. Normally I bring tip money for the staff. This time I came home with a lot of tip money.
We had to change our room because the locks on the door was broken, the safe was broken and lights were missing... They shouldn't have even given anyone this room before it was fixed. Also there was garbage scattered on the ground by a garbage bin looking down from our room. Disgusting!
The next day at dinner..... There were no reservations...... Only one a la cart open.....they couldn't accommodate us because we were 9...... And in the end they ran out of food and no one ate after 3 hours. We just left along with many other patrons.
Daily activities were not so organized. Different start up times than the scheduled times posted. We have kids that like activities!
The beach had glass scattered in little shards along the whole area.
During the day we had a blast snorkelling and scuba diving. The scuba came free with the resort. The scuba staff was incredible. By far the best place I have ever gone for snorkelling. The bonus is that it is right on the resort. My son loved the rock climbing. The disco and games room was fun but all the arcade games were not working properly.
In the end after the second day we had dropped our expectations, tried to relax, met some good people and ended up having a good time.
The potential for this resort is enormous if they can get there act together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad