“Two thumbs up”
Review of SUP Curacao

SUP Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a nice downwind tour on SUP in Curacao. Stand Up Paddleboarding is a great way to tour the waters. SUP Curacao has different tours for different levels. No experience needed!
Bettendorf, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Two thumbs up”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband were on the island celebrating our honeymoon and my birthday and I really wanted to try something different. I found the reviews for SUP Curacao and thought it sounded perfect - the tour definitely didn't disappoint. George was our guide - he was friendly, personable and a lot of fun to be around. We caught on easily and the tour through the mangroves was beautiful and easy to maneuver. Our trek across the open bay was a little more difficult as the wind was coming at us from the side instead of behind, as I was told it typically does, but the challenge was fun and still enjoyable.

I was caught off guard by the wake from a passing boat and found myself taking a bit of a swim but it was easy to get back on the board and we got a good laugh from it. I would love to do it again and would easily recommend it to others!

~ Definitely cake on the sunscreen as the two hour tour really has no shade available.

• Finnish first
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very fun mangrove tour!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

SUP Curacao is an intimate and friendly way to learn stand-up paddle boarding while touring through beautiful mangroves on the Spanish water. The tour lasts about two hours and includes a small break in a gorgeous setting. The staff are friendly and knowledgable about the island. We had fun getting used to paddle boarding - falling in the water and laughing a lot. The staff is also awesome and takes pictures for you with a waterproof camera - for FREE! Great time and definitely worth it!

Highland, Utah, United States
“SUP great cruise excursion!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wanted to take my son on a tour in Curaco that was something totally different and something we don't really do in Utah. The trip was great. Transportation had been arranged by them, and we were met by a taxi at the cruise port. The employees were outgoing, friendly and gave us the basic instruction we needed before heading up to do the tour. Price was very reasonable, and they were willing to take just 2 of us on the tour. We got to see a part of the country that not everyone gets to see. We saw "little Curaco", and one of the wealthiest parts of Curaco also. Overall experience was great and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in doing a stand up paddle tour. Pretty much anyone could do this.

Anaconda, Montana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found SUP on the cruise critic forum because my daughter wanted to learn to windsurf. Hilde was excellent to communicate with via email. I had arranged a windsurf lesson for her with Hilde. They had arranged for a taxi driver to pick us up at the cruise port when we came in. It took awhile to find the taxi driver as his sign and where to meet him was not very clear. There was another family being picked up also so we had to wait until they found the taxi driver also. That caused us to be a little late for our lesson but they were very accommodating although it was a bit disorganized for a few minutes. Hilde was no there when we arrived. While there my husband and 10yr old son decided to go on the SUP excursion along with the other family. They all had a great time. The person giving the windsurfing lesson was very good. Would highly recommend them!

Chicago, Illionois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I tried SUP for the first time while on a cruise a few weeks ago, and we couldn't have been happier with the experience. The tour overall was very well organized and the people were very friendly. There was a bit of a hiccup at the port pickup given recent changes in rules regarding what vehicles and people can enter the area (which was NO fault of SUP Curacao). We were pleased that they persisted and waited to find us rather than just leaving us behind. And once the paddle boarding began it was a day we won't ever forget! It was quite the experience being able to start out in the choppy ocean, and then make our way to the beautiful clear waters of the Caribbean. Overall, what a great way to spend a day, with friendly people, getting a little exercise in what's masked as pure fun. After the tour was over, we were dropped off at Seaquarium beach and spent a wonderful 2 hours just relaxing before heading back (via taxi) to the ship. Service was exceptional and staff was a joy to be around. Posting tons of pictures of facebook is also a huge bonus! We would definitely do this again when we're back in Curacao.

Visited March 2013