“Lots of tourists, but there are some pleasant areas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jan Thiel Beach

Jan Thiel Beach
Ranked #18 of 107 things to do in Willemstad
Santa Clara, California
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Lots of tourists, but there are some pleasant areas”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Pay to get a parking space. If you don't stay there, I don't feel I'd want to go to this beach. Too many tourists, but it has it all, facilities, bar, restaurant, massage tent and some jewelry etc. A nice large pool for kids, and kids beach chairs in a addition to the adults.
The sandy beach isn't that large, but there is plenty of shallow water. You can walk across to some empty small beaches if you go thru the brush. Those are more our style. There have been some additional bar/lunch places but they looked closed when we were there.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Squeekie

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Like this beach”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This beach with it's great restaurants, bars and a few little shops is one of my favourites when visiting Curaçao.

The best combination is to have a day at the spa Laman and then go right to the beach for some lunch or late afternoon snacks and a nice swim in the sea.

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
274 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 470 helpful votes
“THE BEST BEACH I HAVE SEEN CURACAO”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I spent a couple of days enjoying the facilities at this beach and after visiting the other beaches on the island of Curacao, I found this to be the best because it offers three restaurants, it's very clean, the staff is very friendly, and I enjoyed the overall convenience of being able to get there by bus from the city of Willemstad. If you are on a budget and must stay in Willemstad, use the inexpensive ($1) transportation and come out to Jan Theil Beach via the 6A Caracabaai bus from the Punda Bus Terminal located next the market. It takes about half an hour to get there from the city and the buses run every hour from the city. The seawater here is so refreshing, you can enjoy a nice snack at Zanzibar's or a gourmet meal at Zest Beach Cafe, or after 5pm enjoy a steak dinner at Tinto's. I also enjoyed the Spanish Water Cocktail at Zanzibar's and Blue Zest at Zest Beach Cafe. Hope this helps or you may message me here for more questions.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Easylivingtravel
Norway
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“crowded”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We paid 7 USD to get in. It was so crowded. Beach beds everywhere, none available. No space to put down our towels. We just left to go to another beach.
The beach in it self was not anything special. Go to another beach, curacao has lots of beautiful beaches!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Tmikkel
Highland Park, New Jersey, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“spa”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited the Laman Spa 2x's be sure to go for the happy hour to get a discount. Barbara was a good therapist. The spa has a beautiful view of the beach. We also visited the Papagayo Beach Club for dinner. I enjoyed the ambiance of the location. They charged us for ketchup which I though was weird for a upscale place but whatever.

Visited July 2013