“crowded”
Review of Jan Thiel Beach

Jan Thiel Beach
Ranked #15 of 113 things to do in Willemstad
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We paid 7 USD to get in. It was so crowded. Beach beds everywhere, none available. No space to put down our towels. We just left to go to another beach.
The beach in it self was not anything special. Go to another beach, curacao has lots of beautiful beaches!

3  Thank Tmikkel

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited the Laman Spa 2x's be sure to go for the happy hour to get a discount. Barbara was a good therapist. The spa has a beautiful view of the beach. We also visited the Papagayo Beach Club for dinner. I enjoyed the ambiance of the location. They charged us for ketchup which I though was weird for a upscale place but whatever.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Its very clean. The condos look like they are out of Architectural Digest. The bartenders are all beautiful. You do have to pay for a seat on the beach,but its only 10 and theres an infinity pool that is all ocean water. Really cool spot.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am very confused by most of the reviews here. Yes it is nice and quiet and well maintained and you can have a good day here for sure. But the beach!!!??? One small section of the area is a natural beach of no longer than say 30 yards. That's it. The rest is a man made sandy area with a wall built at the edge of the water and you have to go in by ladder. If you want a natural Caribbean beach this is NOT it. It is nice and quiet but definitely NOT a pristine natural beach which you can find on the island.
It offers all of the amentities and I guess that it why people are so fond of it. Again I am no bashing the place, just trying to clarify. When I go to a beach I expect to find a sizeable beach that looks like one LOL..

1  Thank gerlat
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This beach was nice but had a spring break type feel to it. The cabanas had trash from the previous day left in them and the crowd was mostly young people intent on drinking all day and getting wild early in the evening. The water was nice and clear and there was a wooden platform in the middle of the bay that you could swim out to and rest before swimming back.