“Professional, Excellent, Experienced”

Fish Curacao Charter Fishing & Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience the thrill of deep sea fishing off the coast of Curaçao! Fish for Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo and Tuna with (tournament winning) Captain Gordo on a 45 ft Hatteras sport fishing yacht. Whether you’re an experienced off shore pro or planning your first deep sea fishing trip, Fish Curaçao is the best place to go. If you prefer a more relaxing activity you can also book a private beach-, snorkel- or sunset trip.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you care about fishing in Curacao, Fish Curacao Charter is the only option. Gordo is a professional, experienced captain.

All reviews
"these guys"
"an amazing experience"
"few hours"

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Okay, so this is my first post ever and no better reason to do so. I have fished all over the world and booked this as a chance just trying to travel to somewhere i have never been before. When I first contacted Capt. Gordo I explained to him everything I wanted to do which was strictly target Marlin. We discussed the season (which wasn't optimal) and moved on from there. We set a date and that was it. The communication on when and where to meet was great. He arranged transportation to and from the marina (which is extra) and everything was on time.

Although we weren't fishing in any peak season we still caught fish. 3 Blue Marlin ranging from 225-300lbs and a 80lb yellowfin tuna. Not bad for 2 days fishing out of season. The best thing is that the Capt also mates himself. Usually someone else drives under his direction and he is in control of the rods and baits himself. Which means he knows whats going on at all times. He is very knowledgable and his English is excellent for all of us gringos. I couldn't have been happier and will gladly give this man 5 stars. Not to mention the Hatteras. Pretty nice to say the least.

Don't think twice about booking this young man and giving him a chance. From beginners to experienced anglers you will not be disappointed.

4  Thank Bartevious
Reviewed September 7, 2013

On August 3rd I went for my second fishing trip on the Papucho IV with Captain Gordo. Again as with the first time Captain Gordo was well prepared and ready for action in every aspect. Fresh bait professionally rigged, reels out and lines tested, teasers for every fishing condition conceivable.... and his signature huge cooler filled with all kinds of refreshments and Polar beer for thirsty fishermen like myself! That's not all of it... Captain Gordo introduced me to a local pastry called 'empana' a kind of corn pie filled with hearty minced meat, a 'bakijou salad sandwich' and pieces of fried chicken. This guy had food for an army!

First we trolled towards Punda and then when things were slow and it started raining the Captain changed course and headed towards little Curacao when all of the sudden I hear someone screaming "Dradu on the left, Dradu on left!!!"... the clip in the outrigger snaps... my friend Paolo dives on his reel and hooks up a 50 lbs bull mahi! In a split second Captain Gordo pulls in the teasers and scans the area for birds, driftwood and other fish attractors. As he was telling me they had caught dozens of mahi-mahi and wahoo schooling under driftwood in several occasions. Paolo gave me the honors to reel in the fish and 5 minutes later I had the mahi-mahi along side. Despite the rough seas at the east-point of Curacao Gordo gaffed it spot on in the head!! My immediate thoughts were "I'm eating fresh mahi tonight"... and that is exactly what happened. Captain Gordo cleaned the fish and cut some prime mahi sashimi slices for me to eat right there at the pier and wash it down with Polar. Thanks again Captain Gordo! This trip was worth every penny and more and everybody almost died laughing the jokes and fishing tales you shared. Next year I'll fish with Captain Gordo on the Papucho again... and I can recommend you to do the same!

2  Thank Harvey D
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have had several offshore fishing trip but this was the first with a REAL professional. Not only is Captain Gordo an excellent fisherman but he knows how to listen to his clients and gives them the best opportunity to catch fish. Fishing trips can be measured by the number fish you catch, the friends you make or both..... Captain Gordo will give both.
This was by far the best trip I have had and look forward to my next trip to Curacao.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was on the Papucho IV in March of 2013 for a half day fishing trip and the fun started already when we left the pier at eight in the morning. Captain Gordo showed me his boat and the fishing equipment with a big smile on his face and I was happy to see that he was prepared for some serious fishing. Our goal was to catch a Marlin. Captain Gordo's eyes were locked on the bait when all of a sudden I hear him yelling "Marlin,Marlin!!" We hooked up one 80lbs white marlin south of New Port.

Although we hadn't felt any other strikes that day we had lots of fun drinking cold beer, sharing fishing tales and enjoying great local pastry snacks called "pastechi". Thanks Gordo!! I'll be back in July this year so we fish again.

2  Thank Harvey D