“Great food, service may need a boost.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Ranked #94 of 272 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great food, service may need a boost.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I loveeeee their food. And I am not saying this as a ex-employee but as a customer. But the service is sometimes not so great. (And I am not saying that because something happened with me and the managers or anything. I don't work there anymore because I moved away for University). When I am on vacation on Curaçao I regularly visit and most of the time the service lacks friendliness and attention towards the guest. But it is al compensated (most of the time) by the food. This is a MUST to try at least once!

• Visited December 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Good Food at a Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Finally a place on the island where you get what you pay for. The pizza was great and so were the salads. Many of the pizza's are unique to ingredients on the island and not typical American styles which made the experience even better. Seating is relaxed and outside so you can come after a day at the beach and enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
“Overall ok place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I visit this place from time to time since I love Italian, actually all Mediterranean food. I am from Mediterranean & I can't live without it. Service is most of the time ok, here & there could be more attentive & offer second drink. I love their garlic bread & tapenade, eggplant parmigiana is great, carpaccio is one of my favorite on the island. My husband had lasagna & keeps ordering it each time we go there. Goat cheese salad is also very good. Only pizza is way too thin. I do prefer thin crust over thick one, that's how it's supposed to be, Italian pizza's has to be thin but not like a sheet of paper. Taste is ok but you can get better Italian pizza on the island. For pizza try Osteria Rosso, in Trupial Inn hotel.
Deserts- I always take tiramisu because it's so delicious, I never even tried anything else since this is perfect.
At the tables there are always bottles of what is supposed to be olive oil with herbs. I went to use it once in my food (Mahaai location) & I did ruin my dish. Oil
was stale, horrible smell & bitter taste, who knows how long is standing there & it was not olive oil either. That shouldn't happen. I informed waiter about it, hope they did remove/change it. I will check it out next time I'm there.

• Visited March 2014
Kensington, Maryland
“A good value and pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

They have good wood-baked pizzas, pastas and other Italian specialties. The wait staff are pleasant.

Visited March 2014
Charlestown, Maryland
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We eat at Il Forno at least once during our annual vacation in Curacao. This year we took advantage of the pick up service the restaurant provides. The driver was prompt, polite, and a competent driver. We order Sangria (one of our favorites) and 2 pizzas. The pizza was wonderful. For dessert we shared a crème brulee. We will return next year.

• Visited February 2014