1,014 results
All reviews pirate bay straight couples gay friendly hotel pool view pool bar steam room piscadera bay centrum supermarket tropical garden bring bug spray rented a car onsite restaurant full kitchen small kitchen cleaning staff minute drive small beach
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the Spazio oceanfront suite for 4 days. Overall it was amazing, the view is spectacular. That being said there are a few things that need some general up keep/ maintenance. The bathroom door barely closes because the tiles have heaved and shifted. You can't use the full body shower head as the doors are outside the tub and it pours out all of the water making a huge mess. Many cracked floor tiles. One of the faucets is loose and about to fall out. The soaker tub is mostly for show because there isn't enough warm water to even get close to using it. Don't get me wrong, the accommodations were still amazing, but it needs some up keep that isn't being done. It was really nice having a mini fridge in the room. The private lounge chairs are awesome for taking in the incredible sunsets.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
pr_florissuitehotel, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear Alex M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that your overall stay was amazing, and that you enjoyed the private lounge chairs for taking in the incredible sunsets. All of our rooms have a small boiler. On the moment that the warm water runs out, It only takes a short time for the water to get to temperature again.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

First, the good stuff: The hotel is truly lovely — the decor in the lobby, the rooms, the pool area. It’s also in a central location that’s only 6 minute drive to Otrabunda and the floating bridge.

Now, the disappointing stuff:

1. They are NOT located steps away from the beach and it is not a 5-minute walk. You have to drive or take their shuttle bus to the beach. If you walk, you’re walking down a road that has no shade and no sidewalk. The beach itself, Moomba, is rocky and very small -- so rocky that you need to have shoes on in order to swim. We went to that beach once and never went back since there are much better beaches elsewhere.

2. I was truly disgusted by what looked like dog poop all over the pool area. Well, turns out it was iguana poop! When we complained about it, they knew about the iguana poop piles, and said maintenance would come. Apparently it happens all the time in this one area by the pool. But if you are of this disgusting problem, why wouldn’t you be more on top of cleaning it? One afternoon, we saw a plate (yes, a plate!) piled with poop -- sitting like that on the table for hours! Why wouldn’t you designate someone to clear that area every hour or more? Or redesign it to be a garden where the droppings could go unnoticed? They seemed completely blasé about the fact that guests had to delicately walk around poop to get anywhere — and that is NOT okay.

3. At first I was impressed by the fact that they seemed to be LGBTQ friendly. I am straight, but from New York, so always appreciate inclusivity. But, after being there for about a day, you start to realize that they aren’t inclusive at all; they cater to men only (mainly gay men), and exclude everyone else! For example, there is a sign outside of the pool restrooms that says, “All genders can use this restroom.” I entered, and went into the only stall to do my business. When I came out of the stall, I was taken aback to see a half-naked man peeing in a urinal right next to me, with no wall or barrier whatsoever! It’s very off-putting, and I did not like seeing some guy’s junk without warning. I have no problem peeing next to a man, trust me. But I don’t need to see it! If you want all genders to use a bathroom, then you need to make them all stalls! At the very least, put a visual barrier between the stalls and urinals.

Another example is when my 80-year-old parents and I went to the spa — but were stopped at the door by a sign that said MEN ONLY after 6pm. We went back the next day (before 6pm, of course), and discovered that clothing is optional at all times — and NO CLOTHES ALLOWED at all in the jacuzzi! What the heck? No clothes allowed in a co-ed jacuzzi? What kind of skanky place is this, where only men can go at night, naked????? (That's rhetorical. I know what's going on....) It was also totally dark inside the spa, making it dangerous on slippery floors and making it feel like a throwback to a 1980s bathhouse. They shouldn't call it a spa: They should rent it out by the hour, like a cheap motel does, because that's obviously the clientele they're trying to attract.

If this hotel really wanted to be open and accepting to everyone, they’d make everything available to ALL PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES at all times. As a woman, I was incredibly offended that I couldn’t enter the spa when I wanted to -- and if I did go at the correct time of day, I risked seeing shady encounters in dark corners. My mom and I felt totally unwelcome... and so did my dad, by the way, since he's not gay. It really feels like they just want gay men there and no one else. I just can’t understand why this hotel would exclude women like this? I can safely say that most women would not put up with this treatment, especially when paying quite a price to stay there.

So, my words of advice are: If you’re a gay man, go here if you want! If you identify as anything else, avoid this place at all costs simply so that you don’t feel unwelcome everywhere you go.

Room tip: Stay on the second floor. Most ground level rooms have outdoor spaces that open right into the pool area with no privacy.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank nicuws
pr_florissuitehotel, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dear nicuws,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our lovely décor in the lobby, the rooms, and our pool area.

Our private beach, Moomba Beach club is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. You can read our other reviews to confirm this fact. We feel sorry that you experienced this differently. If you don’t want to walk to Moomba Beach, we are happy to bring you with our golf cart. (and pick you up as well.) Moomba Beach Club is a beautiful beach with great access to the sea and has a beach bar with delicious breakfast, lunch and finger food.

Our pool area is being cleaned each morning and afternoon. Our maintenance and housekeeping work very hard to keep the public areas clean.
The Floris Suite Hotel is an adult-only hotel with a strong focus on the LGBTQ market. We are happy to read that you appreciate inclusivity. We are very progressive when it comes to inclusivity here in Curacao and the Caribbean. We are here to cater to all of our guests.

As you stated in your review our focus is on the LGBTQ market, so on Friday and Sunday, there is a men-only night from 18:00 till 23:00. This to cater to our LGBTQ guests. The rest of the week everyone is welcome at the spa. So there would be enough time for you and your parents to enjoy the spa together. Everyone here is welcome at Floris Suite Hotel.

Being naked in a spa jacuzzi is not as unusual as you think it is. This has nothing to do with any kind of skanky issues. Our spa is a high-class spa with a beautiful jacuzzi, steam room, tiles, and music to create a luxury and relaxing atmosphere.
Our spa looks nothing like a cheap motel spa and is not available per hour. If you want to compare you can google some spa’s that are available per hour.

Again, we are sorry that you didn’t felt welcome at our hotel. All of our staff did their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. When you visit Curacao next time we advise you to stay somewhere else.

We keep doing what we doing, making our guests happy.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

We have spent 9 days in Floris suite hotel and we definitely enjoyed it.
The studio rooms are the cheapest available version and therefore not the most charming ones. But they are ok for people that enjoy the outside more then the inside.
The bed was quite comfortable. The pillows not so much, unfortunately.
The bathroom a bit small. Needs a serious update. But again if you do not have a high expectations - it will not be a big problem.
In general - we had a very comfortable and pleasant stay.
The charm of Floris lays in its jungle garden around the open structure buildings and the swimming pool. Coconut trees make sure you feel the Caribbean vibes. Hummingbirds fly among the beautiful green plants and flowers.
The hotel employees/ reception seem distant at first but they are very friendly and helpful.
Beach: hotel is not directly at the beach but just a minute drive away. The beach club is pleasant. You must pay extra for the parasol ( 17 USD)
We would stay at Floris and recommend it to the others. We would only choose another room.

Tip: rent a car and explore beautiful beaches towards the Westpunt. Almost all of them are great for snorkelling ;-)

Tips for Floris:
the studios could use more charm to lift up to the other rooms. Why not reflect your beautiful garden on the walls? Few pictures/ paintings and colourful pillows here and there would make a world of difference ;-)
The cleaning must be improved. But with the climate change - think about the environment- the guest do not need fresh towels every day. Other hotels place a note for guests to ask for fresh towels once they need it.
Mosquitos also love your garden. The rooms could use some candles or other protection against insects.

Last remark: Location - Piscadera bay is a small bay with 3 restaurants: Pirates bay, Visserij and Tomatos.
Small beach for the evening cocktail is very pleasant.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Aneta N,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and had a very comfortable and pleasant stay. We are pleased to read that you felt the Caribbean vibes throughout our jungle garden with coconut trees, hummingbirds and beautiful green plants and flowers.
If you don’t like the pillows on your room, you could ask for new ones at the reception. We are always happy to help. Our suites are not the newest, but we do have the best price/quality ratio on the island.
Moomba Beach Club is our private beach club. You don’t need a parasol to stay cool in the shadow. There are enough areas where you can sit underneath the trees, and stay out of the sun. If you are a snorkeling enthusiast, you should visit our private beach. Moomba Beach Club is just a beautiful place to snorkel and spot all kinds of tropical fish.

Sadly when you are in the tropics you will encounter mosquitos, at the reception, restaurant, and bar they have an anti-mosquito spray that you can use for free.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Great stay at the floris suite hotel, spacious rooms, kitchenette, it was nice, could use some love, has started to show some age, people were okay, the bartenders were nice check in was good , but at times front desk seemed overwhelmed to really care. never caught the daily shuttle not enough people i guess to go, so we took a cab from hotel, one day the offered one day they explained we had to pay, Its A LGBT hotel, but not every such as us were, but no one felt like we were singled out. Me and my daughter had fun, pool was decent size, had room facing it. cocktail hour was a nice touch. nothing really doing at night but across at the Hilton you may find entertainment. Make sure you try the two restuarants Hot tomatoes and the one next to it. Great pizza and salad at hot tomatoes, and the other place we ate breakfast. The property has iguanas and there are two pretty house cats, neither bother you. They did a lovely champagne and flower arrangement for my bday which was very very nice surprise. Kudos, only at the cocktail bar so not sure of the breakfast there but seemed standard.

Room tip: get some snacks and things, make sure you bring insect repellent, lots of mosquitos, you can rent a car, but u dont have to,
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Liljazzyb317,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. For our shuttle service, we can bring you to Willemstad once a day at 9 AM and pick you up at 4 PM at the same location. We can only bring you once a day because of a law that protects the cabs here in Curacao. We were happy to spoil you on your birthday with lovely champagne and a flower arrangement.

Reviewed February 22, 2019

We stayed in the Spazio Suite - which was an excellent venue - right on the water - great beach access to loungers and the seating area under the large Seagrape tree. Most staff were wonderful and helpful - especially Gino and Johann. However, the room itself needs much maintenance - a wrench would fix the sink issue and some of the floor tiles are cracked. Only one shower door opened and the door to the toilet didn't open or close at all. Also - don't shower anywhere near 5:00 - no hot water - most of the other guests are also showering! Also the safe didn't work despite numerous calls to the hotel to have it fixed. The end result of that little issue resulted in my jewelry being stolen out of my jewelry bag which was hidden under dirty clothes in my suitcase. So the cleaning staff clearly went looking. Most of the stuff was costume, but I did lose a very expensive watch that is not easily replaced both monetarily and sentimentally. This happened on the day of checkout - sometime between when we had breakfast on the beach and we departed. Because I didn't want to wear any jewelry while traveling to prevent issues with security scans, I didn't discover the theft until the next morning. Very disappointing. Watch your stuff- or insist on a new safe. Other than that little fiasco (which was serious and we are pursuing the issue with appropriate officials), I'd recommend this place.

Room tip: Choose the Spazio Suite or stay in the main hotel. The rooms at the Moomba Beach club need a lot of work!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
pr_florissuitehotel, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear Michele O,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We're glad you found the venue an excellent location and that you thought our staff was wonderful and helpful. We are very sorry that we didn’t hear anything from you after you lost your jewelry. We are sure we can trust our housekeeping staff. Most of them are working for Floris Suite Hotel for a long time. We are happy you would recommend us to other travelers.

We hope to welcome you again soon.