“Very bad!”

Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed June 2, 2014

At first front desk service was ok checking in. Then I went to my room it was nicely clean so I jumped in the soft bed. During the day we went shopping came back put our stuffs in the room and went to dine in a restaurant next door which the food tasted very well. For our surprise when getting back in our room some of stuff was bitten including a chunk of cheese that we bought. It looks like an animal bite, I can't believe that the house maid could do that. I got angry seeing our stuff bitten off so we called the front desk immediately to inform them about this and no one showed up. No one attended our concern that our stuff were bitten. We didn't have no discounts or at least someone to check our room. I will never recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Curt S
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Curt S,

It is unfortunate that you are making statements that far for the truth.
I personally know that we did everything possible to cater to your needs. To write a review like this does not do the hotel and its staff justice. In the mean time we focus on our other guests and provide them with a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This little Hotel has everything that you need, a little store, a restaurant, a little bar and quick shuttle to beach and Pirate Bay. Not too far from downtown. Make sure you get a green rum ( Rom Berde ) Mohito from Zoyas. Floris Suite Hotel is not brand new and immaculate, but for 99 bucks you get a nice suite. Now that is sweet! Also walk across the floating bridge and hope that you can witness the bridge opening. It is an engineering marvel. Must eat at Fishalicious, it is THE BEST restaurant on the island. Driving around this island was not pleasant for me. Very spread out and downtown is just congested. And the floating market is worth a look, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikestpierrejr
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Mikestpierrejr,

Thank you so much for staying at Floris Suite Hotel, Curacao! We are glad that the hotel provided everything you needed. And we are glad you enjoyed the Island of Curacao. We hope to see you back sometime soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon, booked a junior suite pool view. When arriving on Friday late afternoon, the Managers happy hour was in full swing. guests and local people enjoying themselves in the main lobby of the hotel. Check-in was quick, where escorted to our room, nice and clean with great balcony with view of pool and garden. rooms are nicely done, small kitchenette with al essentials, lovely bed and airco. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in Sjalotte restaurant, which is amazing. Food is delicious, service is key. They have 2 "private" beaches, Pirate Bay, near Piscadera Village and Parasasa beach (part of Hilton complex across the street). 2 x day a shuttle goes from hotel to Willemstad, Otraban side, near Emma bridge.
Great retreat, great service, Let them spoil you!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly refurbished ones, the "white" rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PatrickandSteve

Dear PatricandSteve,

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed our Hotel. We are proud to have two private beaches for our guests to enjoy and we are glad you used them. We will continue to give our best service everyday to every guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Very nice stay. Superb food, perfect organiZation, very good service. Close to city, nice events, great time. Pool is exotic and the beach nearby. The open space and large rooms together with very readonable pricing makes this a highly likely place to pass your time on Curacao. Special thanks to Alex and Jarred.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Bart B,

Thank you so much for staying at Floris Suite Hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning the good service of Jarett and Alex. It is much appreciate. We hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

It's a nice adults-only hideaway that features clean rooms, comfortable beds, modern design and a friendly staff. I looked up what people had to say about the place prior to my visit and wondered why everyone seemed so diligent in pointing out that it was LGBTQ-friendly but now that I've experienced it I can say that this is actually important to note because one of the major minds behind the hotel's marketing (I forgot his name but I met him) is a pioneer in the LGBTQ movement on the island. He is one of the masterminds behind Curacao's South Caribbean Pride parade, which is unique for the Caribbean in general. There's an LGBTQ flag waving outside (along with an American flag and Curocaoan flag) and some staff that appear to be transgender. I think that's wonderful but not everyone does so it's worth pointing out. Other than that, Floris is for everyone. It was lovely not having screaming children running around as their parents sat by helplessly. The hotel's pool area is nice but I'm a beach person so I had to use neighboring beaches, which wasn't a bummer. It's literally a 5 minute (if that long) walk away from Pirate's Bay, which is a bar located on a small beach and there are other hotels like the Marriott and the Hilton that will allow Floris guests to use their beaches. If 5 minutes is too long of a walk for you then Floris does provide free shuttle service. That same service will take you into Willemstad too (and pick you up at a certain time as they run in shifts). I only had breakfast at the restaurant premises and it was cool, nothing mind blowing, so I can't really speak about the food there but trust me, this is a nice well-run place to stay so I imagine that the food beyond breakfast was good. I enjoyed my time at Floris and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The pool front views are better but the place is surrounded by lush trees.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank Starr R
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Starr R,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed at Floris Hotel a couple times because the rooms are clean and modern. The staff is so well trained to provide great customer sevice and the restaurant Sjalotte has served some delicious food. I would recommend anyone to stay at the Floris Suites Hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ebonee E
Reviewed May 15, 2014

After a hectic season I decided to get away for a week vacation to a beautiful island of Curacao to visit FLORIS hotel, I have stay there several times.
But somehow this was different, from the time I check –in I received RED carpet treatment (Bellman/Front attendant), Zoleaka was fluent in ENGLISH and Spanish language.
I received glass of champagne with a cherry to celebrate my arrival, all these was serviced with a beautiful smile, this what I called exceptional services
I was happy to stay their newly renovated rooms overlooking the pool.
On several occasions I had a dinner/breakfast at the restaurant downstairs the food is delicious.
If you’re ever in CURACAO please treat yourself to a lobster dinner it’s the best I eaten.

Room Tip: stay in the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Germain H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Scuba Lodge & Suites
BijBlauw
BijBlauw
#4 of 32 in Willemstad
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Hilton Curacao
Hilton Curacao
#15 of 32 in Willemstad

Been to Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club? Share your experiences!