“best dive experience to date”

Relaxed Guided Dives
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Family run full service dive center. We are a certified PADI and IDD resort and specialize in shore diving. The place for all your dive courses, guided dives and diving needs. We work with small groups, so lots of personal attention.Let us take you to the most beautiful dive sites of the island, some hidden treasures only the local people know how to find.Come and (re-)discover Shore Diving!!!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“best dive experience to date”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is actually my second review of Relaxed Guided Dives. We returned one year later and found Patricia and Rob exactly how we left them... happy, friendly, welcoming! We are friends on FB so any questions I had leading up to our dive trips were answered quickly and throughly... I recommend "friending" them!

We only had a few dives under our belts before this trip so we decided to have Patricia and Rob show us the ropes again for three days and then we revisited our favorite spot for our last two days of diving. Each dive with them was magical. We felt very safe and were able to go over some of our weaker points (navigation). Patricia and Kurt were so helpful and patient even though sometimes we were naughty students ;). After our last dive with Rob we felt confident to go out on our own and explore! I'm so glad we did... not only did we have great technical dives, we managed to see things that even the teachers were amazed by! Manta Rays!!! Giant Turtles!!! Porcupine Fish!!! Amazing!!!

If you're looking for a dive outfit that is professional, safe and willing to be as hands on as you need then look no further. Go with Guided Dives! We started as clients and left as friends.

Thanks Patricia, Rob and Kurt! Dushi Yiu! See you at the wedding in May and then next year for our HONEYMOON!!!! I promise to think about a night dive... :)

Visited July 2013

Utah
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Friendly, helpful shop”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We rented tanks from Relaxed Guided Dives so we could dive on our own schedule. Petricia was very responsive over email and really helpful once we arrived. She lent us some buckets for gear so we didn't get our car interior wet and arranged to bring tanks to our remote beach house so we didn't have to run back and forth so much. I would definitely use these guys again.

While we were happy navigating the sites ourselves, I would recommend divers less experienced with shore diving hire these guys as guides (my group was all instructors and divemasters). I was expecting conditions and infrastructure similar to Bonaire, but shore diving Curacao was very different. Some beach sites were really easy, but most of the sites had tricky entry and exit points were not marked, and had more current than Bonaire.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Life changing”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having never gone diving before, my boyfriend and I had no idea what to expect when we decided to earn our open water certificate on our recent curacao vaca. we researched all of the dive companies and decided on relaxed guided dives. we could not have made a better choice. Patricia and Rob are amazing teachers and simply, great people. Patricia was our instructor for the course and she was so patient and understanding- yet pushed me just enough to overcome my fears. i cannot say enough about how wonderful the experience was. It was definitely life- changing.
Their price is more than fair for what you get- they are prompt, attentive, answer emails efficiently.- take you all over the island to amazing beaches and teach you about the local culture on the drives to the dive sites. moreover, they really care about the people they are teaching and will do whatever it takes to make you comfortable.
if you are even considering diving on curacao- look no further. Just go with relaxed guided dives. You will not regret it.

Johnson, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“As Good As Boat Diving”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I have historically been boat divers--in fact, our last shore diving experience was during our open water certification dives! We had initially planned on boat diving in Curaçao, but upon a pretty stellar recommendation, we decided to do two of our dives with Petricia.

And boy, are we glad we did. Shore diving is admittedly a little more work, but Petricia definitely made the whole experience worthwhile. We dove Playa Piscado and Playa Lagun--the first was nice, but the second was absolutely spectacular, and there's no way we would have gotten to dive there if we'd stuck to boat diving. Honestly, Playa Lagun is one of the best dives I've ever done.

The whole experience was wonderful, and Petricia really went the extra mile to make us feel comfortable. She even took us on a short tour of the island; she was a veritable repository of information! We are so glad we dove with Relaxed Guided Dives, and we will certainly do so again on our inevitable return trip to Curaçao.

Thanks for a wonderful experience, Petricia! We'll never forget it.

Norman, Oklahoma
“New Diver!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am from Oklahoma and the only diving I have done (during my dive training) was in freshwater. So I was a little nervous to do open ocean diving. But once I met Petricia and Rob, my fears quickly went away. They are very passionate about diving and also understand the fears that some might have. Petricia took us on our first ocean dive ever and my dad and I were quickly hooked. She checked on us often while under water and made sure we saw all the wildlife. As soon as we resurfaced, we scheduled another dive. Then when we got back to the shop we scheduled two more dives later in the week. We could not have had a better experience! I would recommend Relaxed Guided Dives to everyone. They work well with advanced divers and new divers. In just 4 dives, I have gained much more confidence as a diver and developed a true passion for it. Can't wait to make my next trip to Curacao to see Rob and Petricia! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETRICIA!!!!