“You'll LOVE seeing Curacao with IRIE!”
Review of Irie Tours

Irie Tours
Ranked #12 of 116 Tours in Willemstad
More attraction details
Owner description: Our personal Touch & Love for Curacao make our Tours the best!! Irie Tours is well-known for offering: Safe & High quality excursions Personalized & professional guided tours We cater small as well as large groups We have a wide variety of fun tours to offer, from east to west and everything in between. From the planning stage, to the day of your trip and beyond, our team will do everything we can to ensure you have a wonderful island vacation! We do this by making our tours fun and treating customers like family! And on top of it all, we are extremely proud and honored to have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 4 years in a row since 2013. The Irie Tours office is located beneath Restaurant De Gouverneur, right in front of the ferry station on the Otrobanda side of town. Our 2nd office is located in the Renaissance Hotel on the 2nd floor. this office is open every day of the week from 9:00am - 5:00 pm
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Found out about Irie through Cruisecritics.com, but verified with Tripadvisor. For $20 per person, you get to see Curacao, from the old Jewish neighborhood, to the Blue Curacao factory to the Sea Aquarium Beach, and during the entire trip, they provide you with unlimited beer, water, and soda. Our driver, tour guide, Sylvian, was nothing short of outstanding! He was incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his island. He took his time to show us not only the 'highlights' you would get with a 'ship tour,' but we saw some of his favorites as well. The entire staff in both buses were great. So friendly and nice it's hard NOT to have a GREAT time touring with Irie! Thank you for showing us your island and showing us a wonderful day!

2  Thank JT03

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had reserved the 11:00 am IRIE bus tour and headed over early to make sure I could find it (their emailed directions were from the other pier). I found a guy with a card with my name on it near the IRIE tour sign so knew I had the right place. While I was waiting I found free wifi inside the Renaissance Resort shopping center. When I came out I made a joke about the IRIE guy's Segway and he asked if I would like to use it. I'd been on one before so took it on a little circle of the courtyard. The bus arrived and the driver said not to worry about where we sat because we wouldn't be very full. We started off and the next thing we knew, the bus was being filled by passengers off another ship (the Grandeur out of Panama). They were a bit raucous for some of the tour and it was harder to take good pictures. That surprise crowd was the only real disappointment.

Other than that, it was a very nice tour, especially for the $20 cost. There were plenty of descriptions and history in both English and Spanish. They had cold water, soda (no diet), and beer. We drove past the pontoon bridge, through the old Jewish quarter, across the Queen Juliana bridge, past more old homes and other famous landmarks, and a stop at the Curacao "factory" (actually store). IMO this was a bit of a waste; they don't manufacture the liquor there so all you really learned was the history and had the chance to try tiny samples of four flavors. It was also theoretically a bathroom break but the ladies room had TWO STALLS. You can imagine the line.

Back on the bus to the new housing developments, a view of Spanish Water, and down to Seaquarium Beach where we got free admission for a 45 minute stop. We could opt to stay longer and have a later bus pick us up, which fortunately was the choice for the Grandeur passengers. It was a lovely beach with warm water; I just left my stuff on a chair and floated for most of the time. Then back on the bus, back across the bridge, and finished where we started by the pontoon bridge.

1  Thank MGreene16
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a great day with the bus tour of Curacao. Our day started rainy and we got pretty wet due to the open nature of the bus , but that did not "dampen" our spirits. We left around 11 , so we had time to sleep in and get some breakfast before walking to the bus. We had lots of friends from our ship as one of Cruise Critic members had booked this tour. There was plenty to drink, though my husband would have like to have Amstel instead of Bud.Te scenery and history was amazing. Our driver was very informative and lots of fun. The distillery was a nice stop and the samples were quite tasty. lots of rum was bought by most. The atmosphere was party like but still educational. Loved looking for the iguanas in the lush foliage. Well worth the money. The Seaquarium Beach was wonderful...nice relaxing hour:) Will definitely go on this tour again! That Juliana Bridge was like nothing I had seen in Caribbean before! Coming back next year!!!!

2  Thank plank1
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked the tour before arriving in Willemstad. The tour didn't leave until 11am, so we were able to leave ours bags on the bus and have a look around Willemstad before going on the tour. The views from the Juliana Bridge are fantastic! We then passed by the floating market and other interesting sites. Went to the Curacao distillery to sample the different Curacao. Finally to the beach, where we went snorkling. The drinks were free flowing on the tour. A well organized trip.

3  Thank chip60
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a group of 16 adults that signed up for this trip. This was the highlight of our day in Curacao and the best money spent over our entire 8 day cruise. Sylvian was our driver and what a fun, energetic person he was. So much information in such a short time, all in a party atmosphere. The distillery was interesting , the beach gorgeous, and seeing how the different people live was very informative.
Our bus ran out of beer before the trip was over and Sylvian was right away on the phone and hooked up with another driver that had extras. The tour was great, Sylvian was exceptional!

2  Thank Sharon2U
Irie Tours C, Owner at Irie Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review! Sylvian says hi and would also like to thank you.
We hope to see you again in Curacao! This time for a longer stay :-)

Your words are a motivation for us! Thank you!

Take care!