“WARNING: Do Not Book This Tour If You Are On A Cruise!”

Eric's ATV Adventures
Curacao Half Day ATV Adventure Tour
Miami, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“WARNING: Do Not Book This Tour If You Are On A Cruise!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife booked this tour about a few days before we got on board a 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal based on the TA reviews. Prior to booking, my wife confirmed via e-mail that we were coming via a cruise and wanted to make sure there would be no problem with our departure time.

This was Eric's exact response to us from a cut & paste of his e-mail: "Hi. We can arrange transportation which cost $10 a person round trip. If the ship docks a little later we can make the tour start later. Depending on the time your ship docks. No problem there. Eric"

Well, due to no fault of ours, our ship was delayed by 45 minutes in docking because of an emergency that 2 passengers had on the previous port of call. Upon hearing earlier that day that we were going to be arriving a little later, we e-mailed Eric to let him know what was going on. When we arrived, my wife, 2 girls, and I were waiting for about 30 minutes outside for the pre-arranged transportation. During that time, we met another couple that was also waiting for transportation for Eric's tour as well. After not seeing anyone from Eric's, my wife was able to borrow a local phone from the cruise security and speak directly to Eric. He told her that due to our ship being delayed by 45 minutes that he had no choice but to send the guide out with the other guests of the tour that were not on the ship.

Eric, this is totally UNACCEPTABLE. You reserved our 4 spots, along with the 2 other guests on our ship and left us abandoned at the dock. With so many options available for us to do on our 1 day in Curacao, we chose YOUR tour based on the great reviews and exciting adventure. Instead, we were left to find something to do last minute because of your actions. Again, you said in your e-mail pasted above it would be no problem if the ship docked a little later - your words, not ours.

To all future patrons looking to book this tour that are on a cruise, be wary of false promises from this tour shop.

9 Thank allfifty

• Hungarian first
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wow! Fun!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Marco is a really great guide! The ATVs were a blast! We rode all over the place: through neighborhoods, on the highway, off road, we went to an aloe farm, a wind surfing hang out for the locals, a cave (with bats), and a fantastic amazonian restaurant (we didn't eat there, just drinks, we had to get back to our ship- we wanted to eat there, it would have been my first choice for restaurants).
We were able to see real things in curaçao instead of commercialized touristy stuff. We really appreciated that, and Marco's expert guidance in showing us the island. (We even saw the exterior of the prison.). It was a much better tour than the ones offered on the ships shore excursion list. Other tours show historic points of interest and tell you things you can read and see on the Internet. The ATV tour was an experience!
We completely trusted Marco. He was honest and genuine.
Thank you for a fun and amazing day!
(Note: you will be going off road. Expect dust and dirt. Make sure you have sunglasses to protect from dust, and I'd recommend a bandana or scarf over your mouth and nose-but not required.)

Stone Mountain, Georgia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great way to see Curaçao”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The 4 wheeled vehicles were in good condition and easy to use. I loved going the back roads to where the people lived in their beautiful pastel homes. The views on the tour were memorable but I wish we had stopped a few times to take our own photos. The climb to the caves are very interesting and the view at he top will be etched in my mind for a long time. My husband could not do the tour after getting to the ATV. It was the 2pm tour so it was at the height of the day which was very sunny and hot. The check in took too long and with no shade my husband got overheated. It was great that a CD was given to us later in the evening but a bit late. If you are older, I recommend to do the early morning tour. I am 67 and I did fine and loved it.

2 Thank LEXUSGAL
Eckman
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Fun day ATVing around Curacao!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I were on a cruise had only one day to do something fun in Aruba, and we love ATVing (living, as we do in West Virginia!), and we're very happy we picked Eric's ATVs! All in all we had a great time and got to see lots of Curacao that we otherwise wouldn't have seen. Hiking up into the bat cave was VERY cool! They delivered the photo CD to our ship, which was truly great, too! The ATVs ran well, and the service was excellent; I booked via email and there were no problems at all. Our only wish was that we hadn't wasted well over 3/4 of an hour at a closed tourist restaurant (where we couldn't get anything to eat- we were given glasses of water at the bar); the only reason to stop there was to try to get people to make dinner reservations, and being on a cruise, this was of no value to us :-( 10 minutes there would have been more than sufficient... There are Lots of things to see in Curacao that we didn't get to see, such as the archaeology & historic sites & ostrich farm, and we wish we could have spent more time on the road seeing them! Hopefully there will be a next time!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank elissejo
Springfield
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good times!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a great time on this adventure! We got to see a lot of Curacao on and off road. The trip was a little over 3 hours and included 2 drink/bathroom stops and a CD with all of the pictures taken by the guides. They even delivered our CD to us since we had an early morning flight! I would highly recommend this excursion! Great value for the money!

Visited March 2013