“Excellent windsurfing spot”

Windsurfing Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Windsurfing Curacao offers lessons and rentals on a lagoon in Curacao. Experienced instructors teach you how to windsurf on specialized beginner gear. This gear makes learning how to windsurf easy and fun! Locals also windsurf here and they'll gladly share the water with you.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Owners are great, lovely spot on the Spanish Waters. For windsurfing and SUP trips. Lessons are fun, also for children and when the wind blows this is the place to be for fanatic windsurfers.

1  Thank Bianca B
in 6 reviews
"gear"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Spanish Waters has a perfect wind for sailing, and none as thrilling as windsurfing with high speed. Nowadays with special boards and trimmed sails one can learn how to windsurf in a few hours. This is a fun activity specially for kids during their holiday.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The instructor was very patient & my 3 teenagers picked it up quickly. I couldn't believe how well they did under the watchful eye of Derek for the first time. He was terrific, I highly recommend it. If they could add restrooms & a snack bar it would be great for the parents watching their kids.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hilde picked us up from the hotel and drove us back again. My daughter had an hour private lesson and she loved it. It's too bad that we didn't have enough time to come back again. Thank you!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I just had the WORST experience with this company. The only reason I even gave it a 1/5 is because their equipment was good. I had signed up for a one hour SUP. I'm an experienced paddle boarder, but not an expert. We were told conditions were windy but fine to go out and that if we weren't back after 2 hours someone would come looking for us. We literally lasted about 20 minutes before our arms gave up and we drifted too far from shore onto someones dock. THREE HOURS go by and no one came looking for us!! Eventually we got on one board to paddle back to shore (it was useless) but a kind old gentleman on a dinghy eventually towed us back to shore. Once there, the LAZIEST interns I've ever met just shrugged their shoulders telling us that the windsurfers had to come back with the boat too. They didn't bother to look for us though? On top of it all, they tried to make us pay for the 3 hours we were gone. Anyway, I will never recommend this company to anyone and I hope you are all aware of what you're getting into before you do it!

2  Thank JF123147278
ingcur, Owner at Windsurfing Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

This client did indeed receive bad service, for which we are indeed to blame.
We have strict safety protocols in place that prevents such an event to happen, but on this specific incident we had the "chain" break on two places. None of which were the clients fault.
We have reviewed what went wrong internally and changed procedure to prevent this from happening again. I reached out personally to the client, but unfortunately have not received a reply.