“A great experience in Old Town Punda”
Review of Plaza Bieu

Plaza Bieu
Ranked #16 of 289 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Plasa Bieu is near the Old Market, just beyond the Queen Wilhelmina footbridge and down the street from the Floating Market.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Near the floating market, this dining area had mostly locals. We ate at the first booth, Yvonne's, and had many dishes, my favorite the goat stew. Considering the amount of food, the prices were very reasonable. You can bring your own beverages in, too. Everyone in Curacao should try this once!

1  Thank tybo54

Reviewed February 8, 2013

As per the other reviews this is a great spot to try out some local food and gives great value for money. It sounds a bit odd at first but you can see them cooking the food and there is a choice as you wander through looking at the different menus. Inside the market are about 6 different vendors all cooking fresh food with then a series of picnic tables covered with plastic tablecloths. We picked one in the middle as this offered a vegetarian plate.

The servers were very friendly and chatted to us about where we from, we had to guess the name of one of them as he said he was named after a scottish river which turned out to be Tweed. The plate came - I had chosed to have rice and beans with mine, there was plantain and other vegetables. My partner had fish and we washed it all down with a beer. The whole lot came to about a tenner (possibly less) if I remember correctly which considering Curacao is generally experience which great value for money.

3  Thank JoeTea
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Located next to the floating market & postoffice in Punda, this is a great place for lunch when you are in Willemstad. Long tables, lots of locals, good affordable meals.

We had lunch at "Yvonne" - stew was great and loved the pumpkin pancakes!

When you leave have a nice batido for dessert at the stand in front of the post office!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm kind of picky when it comes to eating in places like this. I try not to think about the "cleanliness" aspect. But we were on a mission to try some local food since we came here by cruise ship. We walked through the market in the morning so it wasn't open for business. But it was great because we got to see them making the food (everything looked fresh) and there were lots of pots on the stove cooking away. The fish was on ice and looked good. And everyone was very friendly and didn't mind us peeking at them while they cooked. So after some convincing from my fellow travellers we came back around noon. The place was packed, but there were still plenty of places to sit. We sat at a table with some young Dutch men who were working in Willemstad and got to see what they ordered. We ended up with goat stew (awesome) and 2 platters of Red Snapper. Our plates were PILED high with food. The snapper was great, perfectly cooked. Service didn't take long at all and we all had a great time eating and enjoying the experience. I'm glad I didn't let my initial instinct keep me away from such a good place!

3  Thank RATCHELL26
Reviewed December 17, 2012

the cargo is my favor by zus and this is the place for lunch you can not mis it go to zus, she is awesome and with a smile to serve