“Great food at resort prices” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirate Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant

Pirate Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 269 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The friendliest and most tranquil place on Curaçao is at the picturesque Pirate Bay Beachclub and restaurant, where you will find all the right ingredients that an authentic Caribbean Beach Bar & Restaurant ought to have. With Spirited atmosphere, a sprinkle of salt and a healthy drizzle of YO HO HO, Pirate Bay is where people meet and friendly staff is serving up smiles with your ice cold drinks. Our tasty international and local dishes, served on the beach, with soft sand under your feet, while enjoying the beautiful sunset, are a definite must. Come enjoy our daily Happy hours from1 5pm-6pm and our Friday XL Happy hour from 5pm-7pm with swinging live music. And for the romantic spouses to-be, we offer a beautiful location for your unforgettable tropical wedding ceremony. We are open 7 days of the week from 9am till 11pm
Branson, Missouri
“Great food at resort prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited here a few times on our stay at the Hilton. Food was excellent and because the prices were comparable to what we were paying at the resort we chose to eat here more often. They have tables on the beach so be sure to inquire. A word about the service, my wife and I were much taken care of much better in the evenings than during the daytime. Different servers will likely have an impact on your experience here.

Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Florida
“A real nice dinner at the waters edge!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We read about Pirate Bay on Trip Advisor before our trip and decide to give it a try. It was so good that we ate there twice. We stayed at the Marriott Resort so it was only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel to the restaurant. We asked the hotel to make reservations for us on the beach, both times. The staff is friendly and helpful. The menu is very good with a lot of local items. Both times we sat on the beach right at the waters edge and enjoyed two-for-one cocktails during happy hour (which I believe goes until 7:00pm). The beach affords you a beautiful view of the sunset during dinner. Don't miss the fish soup which is chock full of locally caught fish and the Jack Sparrow pasta which is pasta and beef in a spicy peanut based sauce...delicious. My wife had Jakarta, one of the times. It's a skewered piece of chicken with peanut sauce, coconut and prawn crackers. There's live music at the bar and Sunday night is reggae night and the place gets hopping. This place is good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Capt Joe H
Montreal, Canada
“Beach /Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

A nice small bar /restaurant and this with seating right on the beach if you wish ,since there also a bar area.. When I`m in Curacao i always go here for a day in the ocean and some good food.
There fish dishes are great. I believe that every sunday night they have a regea night.

• Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Don't let the pirate ruin your day.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Formerly Hook's Hut. Drinks were watered down, food was ok at best but not worth the price. The beach was small and packed. Service was OK compared to the lack of service experience island wide (even for the Caribbean which I travel often being from Miami). See my Hooks's hut review more more details. Way better places to go to spend the day at the beach and eat beachside!! It has potential though!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank HYRLUV
Warsaw
“Don't waste your time or money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton and wanted something different so walked over for lunch. We were very disappointed. The waitress was nice but was so bad we could not even justify leaving her a tip! We ordered water and after finishing our glass, she came and took the glasses and never brought us any more or offered us anything else to drink. When our meals came my husband asked for more water so she brought him a glass of water but not me. For one thing it was a hot day. For another it was tap water, not bottled. What kind of waitress would leave you with nothing to drink with your meal? The place was not busy at all and the waitress was standing at the bar (making her own drink, no less) talking to her co-workers. She NEVER came back to check on us once! I actually had to get up from my meal to go and ask her if I could have a glass of water. I don't mind doing this if the place is busy, but for someone to just be chatting it up and not making any effort to see how your food tastes or if you need a drink is inexcusable! The service was VERY slow. It took forever to get our meal. The food was subpar. I will say the prices were more reasonable, but I would rather pay more for quality food. I ordered the chicken with coconut and peanut sauce. There was no coconut or anything even coconut flavored on my plate anywhere. The food was not bad, but not worth enduring the terrible service. Our waitress never came back to give us our ticket. After waiting about 20 min. we finally got up and went to find someone to pay. I am not picky and usually don't complain about too much, but the lack of customer service at this place just can't go unnoticed.

• Visited June 2013