“2 times a good expierence here!”
Review of Mr. Congas - CLOSED

Mr. Congas
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Telephone: (5999) 462 2200 Location: Waterfort Arches 54, Willemstad CURACAO (not aruba, no option for curacao) Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Congas-Cuban-Restaurant/101517206553811 Lo
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have had dinner here now twice and both times it was very good. The starters we took was the cuban croquete. Very nice. Service has been very good both times. It seems to get more crowed after 8. They have live music. Waitresses were friendly and quick to get us drinks. the Steaks are very huge (some couples may think about ordering one as it is huge!) Steaks were grilled fine. The ladies who were with me could not finish the steaks. The yucca is very good there. You pay a normal price at a touristisic place and it is a good place if you the size of the steak! It has no seaview but it is a nice place. After dinner the cuban liquor and caffee tastes well. the bill comes without tip. My mom also likes this place and she is notorious for disliking restaurants.. :)

There are newer reviews for Mr. Congas

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Last week me and some friends had diner at Mr Congas and it was terrible. When we arrived at 9pm, it wasn't very busy, yet we had to wait a long time for our drinks. Our food (both appetizers and mains) was very dry, over cooked and either salty or tasteless.
My friends dish was so salty it was inedible. Another friend got sick that night from the things he ate!
The food and service are definitely not worth the money we had to pay for it!

1  Thank Mariskavdp
Reviewed December 23, 2012

7 of us ate at Mr Congas last night and it was the worst meal I have ever had. The pork starter was very dry and very salty, I had the lobster which was very expensive and inedable, it was over cooked and tasted as though the chef had dropped the salt pot into the dish, and I love salt!. It came with cold mashed potato & I paid extra for a side of vegetables which was a can of watery mixed vegetables. The vegetarian pasta was a can of mixed veg over pasta - not imaginative at all. Nobody had a great meal and we had an argument when the bill came over not paying for the lobster - I won! Nobody apologised and the service wasn't great either. Later that night one of my friends was very sick, we think it was the chicken wings!!

Very expensive for really poor-quality food. There are so many fantastic restaurants on the island that you don't have to resort to ever eating here.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff sure remembers you if you tip well! Awsome! I Came here three times on my trip. Why? Mainly for the Cuba Libres and fine Cuban cigars. The food was good, the deserts awsome and the staff lets you stay as long as you like. I would recommend this place if you are not in a hurry, want to enjoy a nice drink (or more) and smoke a fine havana cigar while listening to Cuban/Venezuelan music.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I am an old cuban! Born there! I know cuban food quite well. the appetizers were typical cuban and well done. The main meal was joke! A pork chop in bar-b-que sauce....spare me! I know what a Lechon Asado is...I make it here at home! this was a dry pork chop....period.

1  Thank HeadlessHessian