“Food was great, ambience was okay”
Review of Mangos - CLOSED

Mangos
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mangos restaurant you can have lunch and dinner in a climate controlled atmposphere. Where to food is simply good and you have a great service.Every lunch a special. Opening hours, wednesday thru friday lunch from 12 pm till 2.30 pm 5.00 pm till 9.00 pm saturday and sunday from 2 pm till 9 pm.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Really enjoyed the food, in fact ate there twice. Small place just off the road, so the view was a parking lot and a major road.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Good
The food is great...the chef will cook the food any way you like. The staff was very nice and accommodating...just understaffed so they take too much time to help..though they sincerely apologize.

The Bad
The restaurant is adjacent to the main road and you eat outdoors so quite noisy. Also it s hotter than sitting outdoors by the beach. The delayed service made our dinner 2.5 hours long !

The ugly
Each table had a huge ashtray and believe me everyone took advantage to use them...even those waiting for a table standing next to the tables.

Overall
On a cool night with no smokers, this is a definite recommendation for great food and service close to the Marriott. Otherwise, the relatively high reviews are deceiving.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Somehow, I ended up eating shrimp and pasta in an alfredo sauce almost every day of our trip. Mostly because apart from Steak, there's not much else on the menu at restaurants in Aruba and Curacao. On our last night in Curacao, we ended up at Mangos because it had great reviews and wasn't too far from our hotel. And debating between their Shrimp Pasta and their beef tenderloin, I ended up going back to my usual. Except this was the best Shrimp pasta I'd had our entire trip. The seasonings are perfect. The pasta was al-dente. The sauce was rich but not cloyingly so. Will R. had their beef tenderloin stroganoff and also rated it as his favorite meal during our entire trip. With the number of phenomenal restaurants available to us in New York, we can be tough critics when it comes to food. . Mangos is not a 4 star dining experience but it's a safer bet than eating in your hotel or in Willemstad where all the other tourists traps are.

Mangos, from the outside, might look like someone's backyard with a couple of curtains thrown up for some privacy from the road outside but the cook definitely knows what they are doing in the kitchen. So don't judge a book by its cover and make sure you have dinner here at least one evening.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled up to Mangos(after paying a decent amount for the cab) I was a little worried. It isn't the location you would expect for a great restaurant. However it was a wonderful experience! Between the five of us we all ordered something different. I had the grilled trio and it was amazing! As well as everyone else's.
The best part was the service! Everywhere else on the island the service frankly sucked compared to my standards of service ( ie I just want my drink filled on occasion), but Mangos service was fantastic! Worth the drive!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I hired a scooter for a few days so wanted to check out this place with the great reviews. It's just outside of town, maybe a 10 min drive (or 20 mins on a little scooter) and well worth the effort of finding it. Great service, fantastic food and on a par price-wise with other mid-range restaurants on the island.

I had the prawns with pasta and have to say that they were the freshest prawns I've ever eaten, and cooked to perfection. I ate early, around 5:30pm alone and the chef came out to personally ask if I was happy (I was). The mango sorbet was also a delight - so good, especially after the creamy main meal.

A fantastic little gem of a restaurant. Do believe the reviews!!

1  Thank Fiona T