“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Review of L'aldea

L'aldea
Ranked #122 of 300 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: L'aldea is an Amazonian themed Churrascaria that combines the authentic cuisine of Brazil with the generous spirit of Curacao. After dinner take a romantic stroll between the ruins and enjoy our life-size, hand made sculptures. Stand on the sacred bridge look around and feel yourself deep within the jungles of South America, between the mysterious sculptures and the Mayan pyramid awakening the spirit of these ancient civilizations in your soul.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

From the fabulous salad bar in a separate, air-conditioned room to minimize the impact of flies, to the wonderful meats, to the incredible and unique atmosphere, this was a fantastic experience. You go inside and almost forget how miserable much of the surrounding area is, hard to believe I was on Curacao at this restaurant. The price is expensive but compared to many of the local competition it is easily worth it.

1  Thank CamaroSupersport

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been staying at the Hotel from L'aldea for 5 nights in a really great, comfortable and new room. Actually i was one of the first guests to this newly build Hotel, witch consists of only 12 rooms witch are in the middle of a tropical forest with a lot of amazing animals.
And this was my first encounter with the island, and the Caribbean itself. What a great first start it was to this amazingly friendly island. I was so tried from the flight when I arrived, I was shown to my room by the owner. The room I got was a big luxurious second floor room with a balcony, hammock and a view to remember. After I have seen my room i was lead by the owner to the bar, where I met Natashja the Restaurant manager, she made my first cocktail at L'aldea.
I had a very warm welcome and went after this good cocktail to sleep. I actually in a long time haven't been sleeping that well like in this amazing kingsize bed. Due to my jetlag I got up at 3 am and walked around the big hotel and restaurant premisses. This was an astonishing experience at night. I even met Ralph, the guardian dog. Actually I bumped into him at night in a very dark place and the was so friendly and lovely.
In the morning i got every time a nice breakfast with custom made eggs and fresh juice. This was a great start in the day and lasted till the evening.
When I got to the front desk I was offered to join the tour through Amazonia, the rainforest garden of L'aldea for free. This was an amazing tour with Maria one of the Tour-guides witch did an amazing job explaining everything. 160 species of animals and so many plants I can't even name them all. It was just incredible. I even joined the tour for several times and took a lot of incredible pictures. What a great deal to go to this Hotel. The pool is good, the rooms fancy, the staff is just the best.

Now coming to the restaurant, holy crap, I never had that good meat before. The picania is that amazing, i couldn't resist eating there every night. They have a awesomely big salad bar, and a big variety of the best meet on the island. Outstanding is definitely the restaurant manager Natashja. She just took over the place a few weeks ago and is running it like a longtime pro.
And if you visit you have too try the cocktails made by Hugo the bartender. Probably in the top 3 of the island. Also just amazing. And try the cocktail named "DC", it is just WOW!

All over it is place to be. Just to be, relax and enjoy.

3  Thank Dieter T
Reviewed June 4, 2014

All over it is place to be. Just to be, relax and enjoy.

Dieter T. from Germany

2  Thank Blenchi_Curacao
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

One of my favourite restaurants on the island. It's pricey but worth it. Service was great as well. Visited it few times already & I will go back for sure.

2  Thank Kuki14
Reviewed April 14, 2014

A dining experience you would expect to have in New York. Chicago or San Francisco. My wife and I , vacationing from the U.S. We're offered the free shuttle but opted to drive ourselves. Found the restaurant easily using a map we got from the concierge at our hotel. Upon entering the restaurant we happened upon Robbie the owner who was on his way out. We were in need of gas for our car and asked him for advice on the closest gas station. He offered to take the rental car and fill it with fuel. I gave him the keys and $50. He gave me the keys to his vehicle and left.
The atmosphere is lush and green with a Myan motif. Everything is clean and well maintained. Great attentive service, friendly and helpful. The server explained the concept and offered a wine list. We ordered a bottle of house wine, a Chilean Chardonnay that was reasonably priced but delicious.
Wow what a salad bar! In its own air conditioned glass room. At least 40 items on the salad bar. Ceviches, cheeses, cold cuts, soup, greens, marinated mushrooms, prepared salads galore. All fresh and delicious.
As we were finishing our salads Robbie came back with a pint of baskin Robbins for his wife and our car keys.
We turned the table markers over to the green side and let the meat begin! Roasted beef tenderloin cut off the skewer on to your plate. Then picanha (garlic marinated sirloin) , bacon wrapped tenderloin, and lamb shank. It goes on and on if you have a specific cut you want tell them and they will bring you that. If you try to wait for your preferred option you won't make it. You will be full.
Robbie came back by after delivering the ice cream and we chatted about the history of the place. What an interesting guy. He has plans to open guest rooms in the near future and he took us on a behind the scenes tour of the whole place. The new guest rooms look great. He plans to offer them at a very reasonable price.
Wrapping it up. We loved our visit and look forward to our next trip to curaçao so we can check in on Robbie and eat here again.
You have got to try this restaurant!

3  Thank Thomas T