“Overrated”
Review of L'aldea

L'aldea
Ranked #111 of 275 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: L'aldea is an Amazonian themed Churrascaria that combines the authentic cuisine of Brazil with the generous spirit of Curacao. After dinner take a romantic stroll between the ruins and enjoy our life-size, hand made sculptures. Stand on the sacred bridge look around and feel yourself deep within the jungles of South America, between the mysterious sculptures and the Mayan pyramid awakening the spirit of these ancient civilizations in your soul.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not that impressed, food was not that great, I was a bit dissapointed as I heard it was one of the best restaurants from Curacao. Buffet was big but missed some fundamentals. Positief is dat ze een extra service geven om gasten weg te brengen en op te halen.

Avon, Indiana, United States
“Eating in the jungle.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good but also a little pricey. Requested medium and medium well, most items showed up extremely rare. The house special steak was very good! Also ask for the pineapple! Very delicious but not offered, you have to request it!! The salad bar was exceptional as well as the service. Overall a very good experience! Will definately return.

Willemstad, Curacao
“pricey but worth the try”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

building is astonishing, the ambient is phenomenal....good food, impressive salad bar.....BUT...I did not like the price!!! it was expensive!!!! would I eat there again? certainly !!! only because I'm a meat lover!!!!

• Visited March 2012
Forked River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as promised”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wife & I went last year, it was excellent. This year totally reversed. Salad bar has really turned to the worst. Fresh ? vegggies were soft and laked taste. Meat was cold and tough. Drinks were compedbutdinner for four was $275 way way over priced. I wouldn't go back if it was free.

Tampa, Florida
“Meaty, but greedy. Lacks value.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First, the atmosphere is idyllic. Probably the best I've seen in Curacao. We went for Christmas dinner and the setting was magnificent.

That said. Here are my "beefs."

1. Paying that much for meat, I would like it cooked to perfection. I requested rare meat and was never given anything under medium. Disappointing.

2. I was willing to lay down money for alcohol, but they didn't seem to want to take it. At least not as often as I would have liked.

3. The shuttle driver advised us we had no more than 2 hours, for a group of 10. We're fine with "Island Time" service, which it was, but not when we're on the clock. One or the other, please.

It was a special night, which almost justified the cost. Otherwise, I would not go back.

• Visited December 2012