“pricey but worth the try” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'aldea

L'aldea
Ranked #102 of 269 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: L'aldea is an Amazonian themed Churrascaria that combines the authentic cuisine of Brazil with the generous spirit of Curacao. After dinner take a romantic stroll between the ruins and enjoy our life-size, hand made sculptures. Stand on the sacred bridge look around and feel yourself deep within the jungles of South America, between the mysterious sculptures and the Mayan pyramid awakening the spirit of these ancient civilizations in your soul.
Willemstad, Curacao
“pricey but worth the try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

building is astonishing, the ambient is phenomenal....good food, impressive salad bar.....BUT...I did not like the price!!! it was expensive!!!! would I eat there again? certainly !!! only because I'm a meat lover!!!!

• Visited March 2012

Forked River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as promised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wife & I went last year, it was excellent. This year totally reversed. Salad bar has really turned to the worst. Fresh ? vegggies were soft and laked taste. Meat was cold and tough. Drinks were compedbutdinner for four was $275 way way over priced. I wouldn't go back if it was free.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Meaty, but greedy. Lacks value.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

First, the atmosphere is idyllic. Probably the best I've seen in Curacao. We went for Christmas dinner and the setting was magnificent.

That said. Here are my "beefs."

1. Paying that much for meat, I would like it cooked to perfection. I requested rare meat and was never given anything under medium. Disappointing.

2. I was willing to lay down money for alcohol, but they didn't seem to want to take it. At least not as often as I would have liked.

3. The shuttle driver advised us we had no more than 2 hours, for a group of 10. We're fine with "Island Time" service, which it was, but not when we're on the clock. One or the other, please.

It was a special night, which almost justified the cost. Otherwise, I would not go back.

• Visited December 2012
Kralendijk, Bonaire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Holy expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to this restaurant knowing that it was on the pricey side, but I had no idea just how pricey until I got my bill. There was no menu and no prices posted. Just a buffet offered with a salad bar and unlimited meat that was delivered to the table whenever you wanted. Don't get me wrong, the meats were phenomenal but at $58 USD per person, I would NOT go back. You would have to eat yourself sick to warrant paying $60 per person. Might I add, that was drinking FREE water. We didn't even have wine or soft drinks. Also, that's not including desserts.

Yes there was a free shuttle, but they overbooked it so for the 35 minute ride, half of us were literally sitting on top of each other. NOT fun when you're full.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kavab
San Diego, CA
“As promised - lots of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We took the free shuttle which I highly recommend. A little bit frustrating because we had an "end time" to catch the shuttle back. But, to be fair, I probably didn't need to eat any more by that time. Meat quality was great, as was the salad bar. I tried to convince my wife to do the salad bar only but she insisted on the meat - so I paid full price for her to have a few bites of lamb :-) Overall, food in Curacao isn't much to brag about, so L'Aldea was a nice exception with fantastic options.

Visited November 2012