“Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Curacao Actief

Ranked #21 of 105 Tours in Willemstad
Millsboro, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This snorkeling tour of the sunken tugboat was the best ever! I was the only one on this tour with two ladies as my tour guides. One lady drove the truck and snorkeled with me and the other lady sat in the back of the truck with me and pointed out things on the Island and we stopped many times to see old buildings, she was very informative on the history of island of Curacao. When I return again to this Island I will be calling them again.

Thank you Ladies !

Visited November 2013
Curacao_actief147278, Manager at Curacao Actief, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Walter,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour with my ladies. They are sending their regards for you.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bettina

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome tour with Howard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went on the jeep tour with Howard last Monday Oct 21st and he is probably the most awesome tour guide we have ever had on any tour anywhere. There were 6 of us on the trip , 2 Dutch women , a young couple from New York and us(a couple in our 60's). Howard took care of all of us and did the tour in both Dutch and English. He knows his stuff, knows his island and his love of his job and the island shines through. He was full of information from medicinal trees, to little stories about the local people and customs. He took us out all day to several different beaches and natural formations, the Voodoo cave where the bats are protected and the stalactites make great music, to a bay where the turtles feed, to the underground cave that is partially submerged and the waves crash through...awesome. He gave us a rundown on how the island was formed and hand fed a couple dozen lizards who swarmed him the moment he stepped out of the jeep. He showed us the works of a local recycling artist scattered all over the island and pointed out birds and other animals. When we snorkled at the end of the tour he even gave us the best way to go around the cove to see the maximum sealife. Is there anything he doesn't know about the island ? He was funny, charming and very informative. We would recommend this tour with this company and hopefully you will be lucky enough to get Howard as your guide.

1 Thank BillandBobbi
Hey,

Our apologies for the delayed reaction; however, we still wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to write the review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Howard. There is probably indeed nothing he does not know about the island.
Thanks again and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Curacao again.

Bettina, Howard and the entire Curacao Actief Team
Philadelphia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The tour was great! Thanks, Howard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a week in Curacao (our first ever visit) and we wanted to learn about the island and discover its natural beauty, so we booked the full-day World of Water Tour. Howard was our guide. As a Curacao native, he is very knowledgeable about the island. We learned a lot and had a blast in the process—Howard is an absolute riot! We enjoyed having him as our guide and appreciated all of his wild sound effects. He also unleashed the secret to a long, healthy life, telling us about the wonderful healing properties of the Moringa tree and Calabasa fruit. If that's not enough, I got to hold an iguana (not part of the tour, just a man with a pet iguana, in the national park, collecting tips). Pretty cool!

My husband, who had major back surgery many years ago and still suffers from occasional back-related issues, was concerned that riding in the back of the truck, "off-roading in the desert" would be too rough on his back, but we told Howard about our concern and it wasn't a problem, at all, thankfully.

Overall, I strongly recommend this tour. We got to see many natural attractions, including Kueba Di Brua (Cave of Voodoo, complete with bats and Howard playing the stalactites as musical instruments to summon his deceased grandparents), saw sea turtles at Boca Ascension, while standing dangerously close to the cliff's edge (but that was only my opinion--I stood back from the others!), Boca Tabla (an incredible sea cave), Boca Shete (a sea inlet that shoots water out, pistol style), and snorkeling at Playa Lagun. It was the most fun day of our week in Curacao and we hope to return again soon!

Visited October 2013
Curacao_actief147278, Manager at Curacao Actief, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much very much for your positive review. We also hope that you will be able to return soon again and we can make sure that Howard will take you on tour another time showing you even more of our beautiful island.

Best wishes from dushi Curacao
Howard, Bettina and the entire Curacao Actief Team
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I went on the world of water tour with Howard. There was such a variety on this tour. We got to see bats and hermit crabs in the caves, local art, beautiful beaches, turtles, flamingos, boca pistol which is like a blow hole for the ocean water, and also had a little bit of time to snorkel at the end of the tour. Howard was very knowledgeable as well as entertaining. We were only in Curacao for what day and get like we were able to see a lot in the short time that we were there. I think the tour lasted around 7 hours or so, but felt like it was over before I knew it even though we did get to see a lot. I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Curacao. If you have the time its totally worth it. It was one of the best excursions we went on while we were on our cruise.

Visited October 2013
Thank you very much for your taking the time to share your feedback. We are always happy to read positive reviews and even happier to hear that we are able to keep up with the other excursions and destinations.

Best regards from sunny Curacao
Bettina, Howard and the entire Curacao Actief Team
Dallas, Texas
“Curacao Actief! WOW a Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We did two Curacao-Actief tours while on the island. Both were incredibly well executed and FUN! We first did the treasures of Curacao tour - talk about off the beaten path! Our tour guide Elmer did an amazing job of bringing us to the most breath-taking places.....that we simply would have never got to enjoy - the finer side of Curacao!

OK so that being said. By far and away - the most amazing experience I've ever had on ANY vacation - was with Howard on the Snorkel Tour. My wife and I ended up being the only couple to book for the day we booked the trip, and rather than cancelling the tour, Actief sent Howard to the rescue for our own personal adventure. I've got to tell you - this guy made our vacation so worth while. He was accommodating to my wife's fears, and even went above and beyond with me (LOVING diving/snorkeling as I do) to ensure I had the experience of a life time. Go snorkel around the sunken ship and over the drop off - its absolutely amazing! I will go back to Curacao JUST to snorkel/dive with Howard again - thanks for being so accommodating Actief we loved it!

Visited September 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tours with us and hope to be able to welcome you back a 3rd time!

Thanks again for your review.

Bettina, Howard, Elmer and the rest of the Curacao Actief Team