“Decent steaks, but Obnoxious waiters and poor service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steak & Ribs

Steak & Ribs
Ranked #20 of 269 Restaurants in Willemstad
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Curacao is now a country and it is not listed in the list, neither is Netherlands Antilles which is the country of this it was part.
Montreal, Canada
“Decent steaks, but Obnoxious waiters and poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I went to the restaurant with my hubby as we were staying at the Renaissance hotel. I ordered the tenderloin and hubby ordered an Argentinian steak.

The resto was busy that night because there were cruise ships docking at the port. We waited for 5 min before getting our table. The waiters were fast and efficient.

When I asked about the origin of my steak, the waiter couldn't give me a clear answer on where the beef came from, but certainly not from Argentina. I ordered it to be medium rare, it came in medium rare and was very tender with the exception of a few nerves in the meat. Does tenderloin suppose to have nerves?!?! Overall, it was good.

Now the nightmare part begins: My hubby ordered an argentinian steak in medium rare, the steak was approx 4cm thick, and it came...almost BLUE! We asked to the waiter to return it and cook it a bit more. He came back after 3 min, with a steak that is still...pretty blue and undercooked. We asked again....and this time...he took it back and came back 15 minutes later with a medium well steak. As we looked at the steak, the waiter asked: what? is it overcook now? (with a serious attitude)...my hubby tried to chew it and left half of it untouched because he was feeling full. The waiter commented that we don't know the cooking of the steak, and what we wanted was well-done, and with a thick steak like this, they need to slice the steak in half in order to cook it well!

Wow, seriously? As someone who was fed and raised with hotel food, how odd was for me to hear a waiter in Curacao to give me a lesson on steak cooking. A 4cm thick steak is far...far..thinner than the baseball cut at Keg and Keg can make it in medium rare. Contrary to the waiter's believe, we know about steaks and we like it medium-rare and we also know what medium rare looks and tastes like.

It is not the best food on the island (unless your taste buds are dead or severely damaged), and there are way friendlier places to eat with a nice view.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a 5:45 reservation so we could get a front row on the sunset. The view was beautiful. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Our servers were on the ball with all drink refills. Maybe you have to drink more than just water. My wife and I had 2 courses while the kids just settled on chicken fingers. The salads, calamari, and the steaks were all cooked to the order. We had plenty of time to enjoy our meal and everything was timed perfectly. Thanks again to a wonderful and friendly restaurant. We will be back on our yearly visit to Curacao.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amarillo, Texas
“Best food on island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing.
1. Food is best you will get on the island
2. View is amazing.
3. Staff is friendly and good.
Zero complaints.

Visited November 2013
Virginia
“Sub-par service, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Although the wait staff was nice, and friendly, there's a difference between being on island time and being inattentive. The food we ordered - the churrasco and beef brochette - was tasty and somewhat well priced. But we had to ask for water refills three times before getting more water, and had to ask three separate waiters for our check before a fourth brought it over. For us the lack of attentiveness outweighed the decent (though not notable) food and we won't be returning.

Lighthouse Point
“THE BEST!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is so great that my husband and I ate here 4 nights in a row!! The staff is exceptional (thanks OSI) and the food is exceptional. They gave us the same table each night as we requested) and we dined and wined while watching the sunset. Everyone made us feel like family, and I really just cant say enough about this place. Would I recommend it...ABSOLUTELY!!!

• Visited October 2013