“rip off....”
Review of Indi's Spice Bar - CLOSED

Indi's Spice Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is listed on curacao.com and is listed under the Renaissance hotel listing in expedia, orbitz, and travelocity. One of the only Indian restaurants on the island, none of which are listed on trip advisor.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant was a rip off...the menus have the wrong prices, so please ask for an up to date price if you choose to go here. The chicken tikka masala was 20 usd on the menu, but when we got the bill, it was 35 usd...and the service was slow...we took 55 minutes to get our food. For three plates it was over 100 usd! All the menu prices were wrong! And the food was crap! This was the worst tasting indian food ever...

1  Thank mattee_2004

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited the lovely island of Curacao this weekend and had as good a time as it gets however our sore point was this restaurant. The server was very pleasant and chatted with us throughout our dining experience. The food on the other hand was below par. Indian food is common where we're from therefore we were not interested in ordering any indian type foods so we opted for the regular grilled platter. The fries were soggy/oily, the grilled chicken tasted spoilt and the pork was strangely flavoured (tasted not like pork). This did not sit well with our stomachs especially since we didn't eat in over 6 hours before then. The meal also took a really long time to prepare as well and was a bit overpriced. I noticed they had a Trip Advisor certificate on display and I've read alot of really good reviews on this board so i'm guessing maybe other foods were ordered and probably tasted good however we won't be eating at this restaurant again as we have no need to eat their indian food and would definitely not be trying their grilled food again. Also judging from the low customer attendance we've observed over the time of our stay when surrounding restaurants were busy then i would only assume that other travellers also share a similar sentiment.

1  Thank KiiiKi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

first, it has an amazing view. the staff is friendly and i had a great food time. Surely to visited again.

1  Thank haidy c
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family and I visited Curacao for the 2nd time within this last year and went back to Indis for a birthday celebration.I sampled some of the Lamb Vindaloo from my sister. It was tender and delicious. I got the fish curry-medium spicy. The fish was perfectly cooked and just the right amount of spice. We all had Mango Lassis with a little coconut rum added at our request for the celebration. For dessert we had delicious brownie sundaes and our favorite gulab jamun- A must for dessert. The location in the Riefort is wonderful. We will be back in May!

1  Thank Bethany24725
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ate here twice and I would say that the first time was a 4 out of 5 and the second nearer a 3. The food is decent enough and as a vegetarian it's good to have some choice especially when a large number of restaurants in Willemstad are playing steakhouse to the cruise ship crowds.

On the first occasion I had a chick pea and potato curry which was very good, whilst my partner had the spinach chicken which was apparently also good. The second time we ate here we also had starters which were very big, I had the vegetable pakoras which were OK but a bit too much batter/pakora and not enough vegetables. I then had the palak paneer which was again OK but wished I had gone for the chick pea curry again as that was much more tasty. I also had a mango lassi which was really nice and just what the doctor ordered after a long day relaxing on the beach.

1  Thank JoeTea