“Best service and food!!!”
Review of Tempo Doeloe - CLOSED

Tempo Doeloe
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It's located in the Netherlands Antilles, on the island of Curacao (just to the right of Aruba). Please add this country !
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott, which is less than a mile away. We loved the food, service, and drinks. We had the buffet, which was unbelievably good. The service was excellent! Having never eaten Indonesian food, we were confused as to what it was, and they explained everything very well. Make sure to ask to sit outside, the view is absolutely unbelievable. When we asked the owner to call us a cab to take us back to the hotel (we had been advised not to walk at night), he refused and drove us himself! It is a wonderful experience, and I recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I loved the idea of having the opportunity to taste a bit of everything! really a feast for my taste buds!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Resort and kept passing by this restaurant on our way to and from town. From the road the restaurant looked so amazing with billowing curtains and lights out in the open air and perched at the top of a cliff... I knew we had to check it out. We arrived relatively early (about 5pm) but as it had been raining all day we were limited to only inside tables (it was still raining on and off at this time) and all of the tables closest to the windows were "reserved." So we got a table in the second row from the window. I would recommend making a reservation for a front table on the west side of the restaurant so you have a perfect view of the sunset. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful and the views were even better. We were there just in time for a breathtaking sunset view (see photos). My only complaint regarding the service is specific to our server I think, she was a young black woman and she was rather rude and unattentive. My husband loved the food but I am unsure if indonesian food is my cup of tea. We had a great time nonetheless!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We chose this restaurant based solely on location. It is on top of a hill overlooking the south end of the island. It is decorated with dark wood and has lots of outdoor space. We were there right at sunset, and it was an amazing view of the sunset. I have never had Indonesian food, but I enjoyed it. My wife and I ordered a set menu of soup and 13 dishes. They have a warming plate on every table, and they brought out many little sauce pans of meats and vegetables. It is similar to Indian food. The fried banana was our favorite dish, but the soup was also very good. The one negative I would share is our waitress was a little rude, but didnt effect our overall experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to this restaurant because it had been taunting us with its gorgeous location since we arrived! Having a love for Indonesian cuisine, going for a meal was a no-brainer. What we got was beyond expectation! The owner had to improvise due to bad rain fall that day and we ended up having our rijst tafel (rice table...) At the bar which turned out to be perfect. The bar tender was very attentive, our waitress (Indonesian) very knowledgeable, and having spent some time ib Indonesia myself and having grown up with the,cuisine, I can only say how impressed we were with the food that was presented and the bursts of flavour we experienced!

Please give the new owners the opportunity to give Tempo Doeloe back the great name it deserves: I've seldom seen people try so hard and be so accomodating! Great job and good luck, we will be back!!!
Ran & Deb, Aruba