Boutique Hotel 't Klooster
$296
$253
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$214
$205
$141
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

All reviewsplunge poolsmall pooloutdoor showerminute walkformer conventwalking distancecomfort roominner courtyardcharming place to stayfast wifiwould stay againroom upgradereception staffnice showernice hotelbars and restaurantsstayed here for nights
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is located just off the city center of Willemstad. The hotel is a former monastery and has a very peaceful inner courtyard around which the rooms are situated. The rooms are neat and clean, and they are comfortable. I had no complaints about anything, although the pool is really small. What I found was that I loved really relaxing in the yard and taking a quick dip. I did not have breakfast or dinner there. The bar though is very nice and is located in the former chapel. All in all a place I recommend to people going to visit Curacao.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice and Cozy..love it, great ambiance. Grand cafe Augustines was nice and life music, she was awesome. Food is good. The place is very clean and relaxing. Love the rooms and is located very central. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hairo R
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The building is a beautiful combination of old and new. The restyling is brilliant. I loved the old floor and I could feel the building's history.
However the suite wasn't very comfortable. It was dark, humid and not easy to breathe. And mosquitos came through the wooden windows.
The staff was very casual, in my opinion a bit too loose. It was not easy to find staff in the evening. Fortunately the security guard Mr. Bob made up for it.
For a short stay it was OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were there for our 2012 Christmas holidays.
First: we arrived late in the evening from a very long intercontinental flight and were barely greeted by the young lady at the reception. We had paid a deposit before arriving in Curaçao and were asked to settle the full total even before getting to see the room (BIG mistake).
Upon arrival in the bedroom, we immediately realised it was filthy, however we were just too devastated from the journey to do anything but collapse on the bed and fall asleep. The following morning I reported the problem to another young lady at the reception, who would not believe me and looked down on us as if we were just two troublemakers who always have to complain about something. I therefore invited her to visit the room, and when shown the bunches of hair on the floor, the wooly dust balls, the fingerprints on the taps, etc., even she had to admit it was not ok, especially for the outrageous price they were charging us. She said she would make sure the bedroom was thoroughly cleaned that day.
We went to the beach, came back at around 2 pm and found the bedroom had been somewhat cleaned, but there were still bunches of hair in the wardrobe. Since I saw the cleaning lady in the nextdoor room, I asked her directly if she could please clean there as well. She picked up the hair with her barren hands and seemed puzzled that I minded that sort of things.
Well, we said, we're only staying here for a few days, let's make do and not spoil our holidays, even though for the price we are paying, this sort of (bad) service and (lack of) cleanliness are a rip-off. It was Christmas, and we all feel better persons that time of the year. Then...
I admit this is not the hotel's fault, but it contributed to a nightmarish experience. During the night between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, at 3.00 am (that's in the middle of the night, just in case you missed the detail) we started hearing very loud noises of an organ playing, mikes being tested, singers warming up, furniture being moved around. They were getting ready for the Christmas function, which ran from 5 am to 7.30 am, plus all the greetings outside on the yard. We happened to be in room 18, facing directly the side of the church, and the hotel has no glass windows you can close to reduce the noise, only the wooden shades you cannot really ever totally close. So, it felt like mass was being celebrated in our bed and of course we could not get any sleep at all from 3 onwards.
Then, as we were packing our stuff, ready to leave for the northern part of the island... the cherry on top of the cake: we found a pair of used, worn and dirty knickers in one of the upper shelves of the wardrobe. I have photos, go look for yourselves. So much for the thorough cleaning!!!
Also, I saw more than one pen marks on the bed sheet, I just hope whatever washing programme they used at least killed any germs.
For all of the above-listed reasons, my warm recommendation is to avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: Dirty rooms, noisy surrounding, unfriendly staff.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Claudia R
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent a week at the Klooster in the middle of March.
We choosed this Hotel by chance, just having a look at the price and some reviews.
It was a good choice: the Hotel is quite new, very clean, comfortable and in a good position.

The prices in Curacao are quite high, but this was reasonable.

Didn't have meals there, because we preferred to have a look at different places.
But their restaurant, menu and prices looked good.

We would suggest this hotel and book it again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank R C