Owners Harold and Caroline, along with Joshua, Daniel, Tom and Anna were great hosts. This small gem is located in the Punda area of Willemstad, and fronts the Caribbean. Swimming and snorkeling is available on the property. Though I didn't try it because of food allergies, breakfast is provided at the Lodge.
Higher end restaurants Fishalicious and Rozendaels serve fantastics meals (dinner only for both) and are located within 5 minutes walking distance. For local Curacao food, you must try the open air food market next to the floating market.
I recommend renting a car to explore the island. A must is the Bocas along the north coast near Westpunt. But go on a windy day to experience the oceans power and fury. And stop by Jaanchies in Westpunt for a great meal amongst a bird sanctuary.
Your hosts can recommend some nice beaches to visit along the south coast. My favorite was Cas Abo because they had shade palapas, lounge chairs, and food was also available.
My only negative about the Lodge is sleep can be difficult if your room is at the front of the property because of road traffic, but that's no fault of the owners. Just bring ear plugs. AND BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad