Tripadvisor
Willemstad
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews dive shop breakfast basket infinity pool satay blue building bbq night dive staff dive sites standard room within walking distance boutique hotel dive trip ceiling fan small hotel welcome drink bedroom apartment washing machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel it’s very well located at walking distance from Punda and Otrabanda activities and restaurants.
Very spacious, clean and confortable room, the restaurant serves very good food with an espectacular ocean view, service it is fast and very courteous staff.
Special thanks to Dalies at reception/front desk, she’s very nice and professional.
I highly recommend to stay at Scuba Lodge
Regards
Alejandro Gutic

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I traveled to Curacao to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We are not big resort people and prefer to stay at smaller hotels and experience the local culture, which Scuba Lodge is perfect for! Se stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor (Habaii) which I highly recommend as many of the lower level floors have limited privacy. The room suited us well as we had space to spread out; a full kitchen, laundry, 2 bathrooms, a king sized (comfortable) bed and a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. The room was sparsely decorated and the furniture is in dire need of an upgrade or at the very least a cleaning. I did not want to sit on the couch and the patio cushions (which I covered w sheets)were filthy!

So why the mixed reviews? Service and amenities! If you are a snobby traveler (and I dont mean this in a bad way, as we are quite particular) I would not recommend staying at the Scuba Lodge. Prior to our arrival we received an email asking for our arrival times (so they could be ready for us w a welcome cocktail) and on the response I also included that it was our first wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we received no mention of a welcome cocktail (so why even offer it in the first place?!), followed someone from reception to our second story room and CARRIED OUR OWN BAGS up two very steep levels of stairs, and never received any mention of our anniversary during our 4 night stay.

Speaking of the lack of amenities we were not given pool towels, there is no phone and no way to communicate w the front desk other than making the hike there, no room service (or at least no way of requesting it that I know of) , no dedicated hotel parking (other than street parking), no gym or spa, no bathrobes, no coffee (have to purchase from the front desk), etc... that said, we are particular but not snobby enough to not stay here as the space, location and view were far more important to us that the foo foo things you get at a resort.

Lastly on the amenities, we had breakfast at the restaurant the first two mornings and the bartender was so downright unfriendly, rude and unaccommodating that we never went back to the restaurant.

Which leads to my next point about what else I liked about Scuba Lodge. Scuba Lodge itsself is made up of 4 or 5 historic buildings that have been combined to create a boutique hotel. On both sides of Scuba Lodge are a couple other little hotels w pools you can laso use and a few great little restaurants. We found the food and service to be really good at both places nextdoor St Tropez and the BiJu (whatever) restaurant. We also loved hanging at the dive bar directly next store which has a little beach area and a happy, cool vibe. The Dive place next store was awesome and all the workers were super happy to chat w us and provide recommendations on Curacao (even tho we werent diving). So although Scuba Lodge itsself is a small place, there's a lot to offer nearby. Its also a quick and easy walk to the main areas and attractions.

If amenities are a necessity for you I would recommend Lion's Dive just down the street. But if you are looking for a safe, historic, local spot that has great walkability, a wonderful little pool and BIG view with large, private terraces Scuba Lodge is for you!

Room tip: beautiful ocean views!
2  Thank ftl_traveler83
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have no words to express how amazing our stay at Scuba Lodge was! The pool is fantastic and although simple the Superior Room has everything you need, including a small and useful kitchen, a very good bed, soft pillows and an excellent shower! In addition, the neighborhood is friendly and all the best restaurants and bars are very close to the hotel, so you can walk perfectly to them. Punda and Otrobanda are also just minutes away from the hotel. The staff is very attentive and helpful and the hotel has a very relaxed, light and cozy atmosphere. I think Scuba Lodge was the best choice of all!

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

My review will be biased as I managed to get a bacterial infection and in my mind it was because of the air conditioner in my room at the scuba lodge. On our first night, December 26th, we arrived at midnight and the security guard let us into our room. I laid down to go to sleep and there was only a thin sheet on the bed. No blanket or comforter or anything. My husband and I searched the room and there was no blanket to be found. He placed some towels on top of me but in the morning I still woke up frozen. The air conditioner was on the wall above my bed and the ceiling fan, which wobbled like crazy, was over the bed. Now it’s 86 and humid so you have to run the air conditioner. Next morning I went to the receptionist and managed to get what amounted to 3 sheets. I do not know what was on the beds in the other rooms, I can only surmise that they are all the same. Our room was spartan at best. The table and chairs had slats. Not comfortable nor practical. We did have two chairs and a table outside which was where I spent most of my time. The infinity pool was always crowded and the water was gross.
I did love the location of the hotel. We went to many wonderful restaurants which were all within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and nice. We had the Sunday satay at the restaurant and it was very good. The staff at the restaurant were very nice but clueless. No one knew when happy hour was and what was discounted.
My husband and I travel a lot and I have never gotten sick on a vacation before.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

The staff, the room, the amenities, spectacular! We will go back. And cant wait to do so.The food from their resturant was unforgettable. The pool along the sea was so great!!!! In walking distance to shopping, resturants, (but why would you) and bars, (again why would you).

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thank you so much for this lovely review! This review made us smile from ear-to-ear. What a wonderful way to start the day (and the New Year) :-)

We're proud to know that you can't wait to return to Scuba Lodge. You're always welcome here and it would be our pleasure to see you again soon!