All reviews dive shop breakfast basket infinity pool satay blue building bbq night dive staff dive sites standard room within walking distance boutique hotel dive trip ceiling fan small hotel welcome drink bedroom apartment washing machine
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

My review will be biased as I managed to get a bacterial infection and in my mind it was because of the air conditioner in my room at the scuba lodge. On our first night, December 26th, we arrived at midnight and the security guard let us into our room. I laid down to go to sleep and there was only a thin sheet on the bed. No blanket or comforter or anything. My husband and I searched the room and there was no blanket to be found. He placed some towels on top of me but in the morning I still woke up frozen. The air conditioner was on the wall above my bed and the ceiling fan, which wobbled like crazy, was over the bed. Now it’s 86 and humid so you have to run the air conditioner. Next morning I went to the receptionist and managed to get what amounted to 3 sheets. I do not know what was on the beds in the other rooms, I can only surmise that they are all the same. Our room was spartan at best. The table and chairs had slats. Not comfortable nor practical. We did have two chairs and a table outside which was where I spent most of my time. The infinity pool was always crowded and the water was gross.
I did love the location of the hotel. We went to many wonderful restaurants which were all within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and nice. We had the Sunday satay at the restaurant and it was very good. The staff at the restaurant were very nice but clueless. No one knew when happy hour was and what was discounted.
My husband and I travel a lot and I have never gotten sick on a vacation before.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

The staff, the room, the amenities, spectacular! We will go back. And cant wait to do so.The food from their resturant was unforgettable. The pool along the sea was so great!!!! In walking distance to shopping, resturants, (but why would you) and bars, (again why would you).

Trip type: Traveled with family
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thank you so much for this lovely review! This review made us smile from ear-to-ear. What a wonderful way to start the day (and the New Year) :-)

We're proud to know that you can't wait to return to Scuba Lodge. You're always welcome here and it would be our pleasure to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Wife and I stayed two nights, Christmas 2019 at Scuba Lodge. Very nice hotel just a 10 minute walk from the downtown riverfront which made it the best location. Very friendly and helpful staff assisted us with anything we needed. They have a restaurant and bar in the back with an ocean view that had amazing service. Excellent place to stay and I will be returning again in the future.

Room tip: Choose the ocean view rooms if you can.
Date of stay: December 2019

This is our first review of 2020 and we couldn't have asked for a better one to start off the New Year with! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

We LOVED the Scuba Lodge. We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment (yellow building) over Christmas.
It was perfect in every way. The staff at the Scuba Lodge are amazing. So kind and go above and beyond for you.
We did not want to leave and will definitely be returning here.

Hi Gina,

This is our last review of 2019 and we loved closing the year with your kind words. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow TripAdvisor users and for giving us 5 stars.

Please know that you're always welcome at Scuba Lodge and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

We enjoyed the hotel a lot: friendly staff, wonderful food, a very nice terrace at the seaside for breakfast etc. We had the Chobolobo room downstairs with a small kitchenette (2 induction plates) and a private back terrace. That terrace was a bit disappointing because it was not really private and it was not very cozy. Besides that, the pipe of the kitchen air exhaust is next to this room and makes some (not very loud) noise from 7 o' clock till 10 in the evening. The room itself, the beds and bathroom are excellent. Cleaning is done daily with new towels etc.

Unfortunately, the infinity pool was closed (announcement came only that morning) for maintenance a few days before we left and there was no compensation. Only by accident we found out it was possible to swim at St. Tropez next door. That was not communicated to the guests unfortunately. The 2nd pool was a good alternative as it was never crowded.

We went to a lof of different smaller beaches to snorkel and swim. Especially Director's Bay still has beautiful coral and Tug Boat is absolutely wonderful because of the loads and loads of different fish.

So, all in all: we would most definitely recommend Scuba Lodge if you like a smaller, homely hotel in Willemstad within reach of the sea.

Special thanks to all employees: you are doing a fantastic job!

Room tip: The rooms at the sea/pool side at the back are more quiet. Coffee cups for the machine in your room cost almost $ 1 at the reception desk.