We stayed in this small family run hotel for a week. The hotel has a very laid back Dutch atmosphere (The majority of the staff is Dutch). Don't come here for amazing looking rooms, pools or sandy beaches. Come here for very friendly personal staff (with lots of knowledge of the island), cheap diving (it's in the name) and very good local restaurants in the vicinity (the staff can direct you). Ideal if you want to explore the island, dive and enjoy Willemstad and it's excellend local restaurants
The hotel is located in the Pietermaai, near Punda. The area is a little run down, but a lot of development takes place and it is suppose to become the new "latin quarter" of Willemstad. It's small (about 20 rooms) and it has diving written all over it. The hotel has a very small beach and a pool, but if you're interested in beach, either go to a resort or hire a car and visit one of Curacao's beaches. Pietermaai also has a large number of good restaurants away from the main area. It's where the locals eat...
Scuba lodge is ideal for diving. It's owned by former dive instructors and although it doesn't run an active dive school or operation, diving is easily sorted. The hotel has a lot of equipment and you can dive every day at very reasonable prices (incl. gear). You often just dive in little groups and all dives are shore dives. You decide where you want to dive.
We had a great time at Scuba lodge. The pool and beach where a bit of a disappointment, but the great service and excellent diving more than made up for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HRS, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad