My friend and I stayed at the Scuba Lodge in mid February 2013 and would highly recommend it. We stayed in the blue apartment which had a wonderful view and very good amenities. Staff at the Lodge are always friendly and very helpful.The small pool is lovely, and the Scuba Lodge cafe/bar (right on the ocean) is a pleasant place to sit and enjoy breakfast or an afternoon drink (and prices are reasonable). The location of Scuba Lodge is excellent - within walking distance of downtown Willemstad and local cafes and restaurants. It is in a beautiful, interesting and safe area of Punda to walk in - with beautiful architecture, both restored and in the process of restoration. The only downside to Scuba Lodge is that it has no beach, but it is very difficult on Curacao to find a combination of a hotel with a good swimming and snorkelling beach that is also within walking distance of shops and restaurants. However, from the Scuba Lodge you can easily take public transportation to beaches on the eastern side of the island or rent a car for a few days to get to the amazing beaches on the western side. Because the island is so small you can get to these beaches quickly from the Scuba Lodge. Tips: Our favourite beaches were: Playa Knip, Port Mari and Cas Abou. All were safe beaches and great for swimming and snorkelling, although Playa Knip is the most beautiful but with the least amenities. On the way back to Willemstad, I would recommend stopping for lunch at Landhuis Daniel. This small inn/restaurant has fantastic organic, local food in a lovely setting. If you want to cook in your apartment, there is a grocery store (the Boulevard Market) about a 25 minute walk (past the Avila Hotel). If this seems too far to walk, you can also take local transportation there and back. Blues, at the Avila Hotel, (about a 10 minute walk from Scuba Lodge) offers wonderful jazz on Thursday and Saturday evenings, but I would suggest making a reservation as it is very popular. For anyone remotely interested in history, the Kura Hulanda Museum in Willemstad is a must. It is an amazing museum! The Tula Museum in the western part of the island is also interesting and worth a visit (but make sure to visit the second floor too). I would highly recommend the Scuba Lodge to anyone looking for excellent, good value and friendly service oceanfront accommodation within walking distance of downtown Willemstad. Thank you to everyone at the Scuba Lodge for making my holiday so enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad