We stayed in the Scuba Lodge for 6 nights.
First a disclaimer... If you want everything spoon fed to you then the Scuba Lodge is not for you. If that's what you're after then should go to one of the large anonymous corporate hotels where the blandness of your surroundings will ensure you have a great nights sleep.
An ice cold welcoming drink was greatly appreciated on our arrival. We booked a sea view room but we were shown to the Presidents Home (the yellow building). A mistake I assumed but no, it was a complementary upgrade. Not sure why but I didn't hang around to ask questions, I had an infinity pool to get into!!!
The accommodation was clean and comfortable. The AirCon worked very well which was just as well as it was very very hot. We didn't use the lounge or the 2nd bedroom but the modern fridge that dispensed ice cold water came in very handy. The washing machine was also well used.
The hotel has two pools, both warm and clean. The most popular pool is the previously mentioned infinity pool which over looks the sea. We spent a lot of time in the infinity pool, keeping cool while gazing at the passing boats.
The staff are warm and friendly, all young and all very good looking. Don't expect them to follow you around just incase you might want a drink. However, if you ask them for something, nothing is to much trouble.
The hotels menu is limited but everything we ordered was reasonably priced and tasted good.
I read a few comments about the area being unsafe, nothing could be farther from the truth. Yes the hotel has security but doesn't every hotel...? There was some work going on out in the street and as a result, a few of the street lights were not working but the area at no point felt unsafe. If you are worried at all then cross the road the the street that runs parallel, it's well lit and has several bars & restaurants on it. There was also some work going on at the hotel but firstly, this is the off season and when are hotels supposed to do improvement work and secondly, it wasn't obtrusive at all. It began mid morning and was finished by mid afternoon.
I can't speak for everyone but we had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad