My husband and I just came back from our honeymoon where we stayed at Baoase for 10 nights (we also stayed 5 nights at Hyatt but I'll write a separate review on that).
We are so happy that we chose to stay at Baose for our honeymoon. One pleasant surprise was that our suite was upgraded to a 3 room villa which was of course added value and the villa is soo beautiful, especially the little pool deck where we spent many afternoons in the nice shade reading books and talking. The villa is top notch and includes pretty much everything you could ever want (except from maybe a ipod-dock but I hope they will put in that eventually). We have stayed at many five stars hotel but the room in this was by far the nicest.
One thing we really liked was the fact that it didn't feel like the hotel tried to "bleed you" out on money, for example they'll always bring fresh tap water with ice which in warm weather really saves you a lot (might seem a bit small thing to think about since the room costs a bit but we felt that the food, prices and all the little things that was included really gave us more value for the money! The hotel is very small and it was not that many children around when we were there, i do think that if there are a lot of children some of the magic tranquility that we had might be lost which is a risk i suppose at any hotels.
The service was sometimes, as others have pointed out, not "luxury professional" standard in the sense of the staff's experience. However, we never had to wait for long for anything and what the staff might lack in professional training they gained back in attitude. They always fixed everything for you with a smile and if the hotel didn't have what we ordered (for coctails etc) they would runt to the store to get it for you!, which sometimes lead to that you had to wait a bit but hey, its vacations who's in a hurry?To sum it us, the luxury at this hotel is more genuine than "formal" (you get to see the staffs own personalities and they're just not trained "puppys" which is refreshing :)).
The girl planning all the activities is amazing, she arranged a wonderful picknick for us which i could highly recommend. I could go on and on about the wonders of baose but i guess there's limited space for me to write to I'll finish of with some tips: 1) book a sunset picknick with couple massage 2) eat at fishalishous (great food) 3) don't miss the dolphin swim!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens on the pristine waters of the Caribbean Sea, Baoase Luxury Resort in Curacao, is the ultimate island retreat! Named to the 2010 Hot List by Conde Nast Traveler, and Winner of the 2011 Travelers Choice award from Tripadvisor for Top 10 hotels for Romance in the Caribbean and Mexico, Baoase is an unforgettable experience that promises total relaxation, luxurious comfort, and impeccable service. This stunning brand new resort is surrounded by meandering free form pools, waterfalls, swaying palms and an idyllic private beach. Reflecting the qualities of an elegant home, the residential style villas and suites at Baoase are decorated in a refined Asian style and provide a relaxing ambiance complete with modern amenities. Villas and Suites also offer free connection to wireless internet and all indoor areas are air-conditioned whereas the porch has ceiling fans. Suites feature a spacious balcony/terrace with stunning sea view, each has its private garden with Jacuzzi. The interior design and its facilities are unique. Furthermore they boast a flat screen TV, DVD and Dolby surround system, coffeemaker, mini fridge, and wireless internet. The Master Villa is the Baoase's top accommodation. It comes with views that reach all the way to the buildings of downtown Willemstad, Curacao's capital. The villa also has its own private infinity pool, complete with a "luxury cave" that includes a Jacuzzi, a bar and card table and a relaxation area. Also included in the Master Villa is a chef, butler and the use of a private beach. From water sports to sailing, diving or fishing excursions, your every request will be taken in to consideration to help make your vacation the most memorable. Baoase luxury Resort will surely bring Heaven to Earth. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad