Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Snaptravel
eDreams
travelup.com
All reviews our honeymoon private beach asian night colonial room superior beachfront chef rene pool suite outdoor shower and tub beach butler moment you arrive guest relations the entire staff welcome cocktail breakfast was included romantic getaway lounge chairs day pass
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

The engineering to create the natural looking, clean, calm, and warm lagoon at Baoase was quite a feat, and it paid off! Coral is beginning to grow around the outside of the man-made island that creates the lagoon and there's even some decent snorkeling. The beach around the lagoon is soft white sand. The main pool was closed because of work during our stay, but we didn't miss it. But that's not all to enjoy at Baoase. The restaurant is excellent. Don't miss the Saturday night beach BBQ (and you may want to skip lunch that day). The rooms are modern and very well designed with beautiful bathrooms with completely private outdoor shower and tub. We stayed in a superior beach suite (#206) with its own private beach (It is a sandy beach that ends at rocks on the water, but you can go in the water from a small private pier with steps.) and private pool, both of which looked over the water toward Willemstad. A nice view, but perfect for sunsets. The staff is very friendly and the service is great for a Caribbean resort. My wife and I have wanted to visit Curacao for many years, but never found a high end resort. When I finally read about Baoase, we booked a 10-day stay and were happy to find that it is a true five-star resort. We could easily have stayed longer and explored more of the island, but we felt so comfortable and relaxed at Baoase that we only made it out twice. I rate this as one of my favorites along with Jumby Bay, Mukul, and the Viceroy Sugar Beach.

2  Thank Gunnar F
Baoase_Luxury_Resort, General Manager at Baoase Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Dear Gunnar F,

Thank you for writing this amazing review. We are more than happy to hear these fantastic words.

The Beachfront Pool Suite which you have stayed in, is a spacious and luxurious escape for two. It is a romantic getaway with high ceilings and hardwood floors, all design inspired by the Balinese style.

We are very proud of our dedicated team, who always strive for treating guests as friends, and friends as family. They try their utmost best to meet all desires of the guest, and to offer the most personal service. Great to hear that you have experienced Baoase Luxury Resort this way. We would love to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

As pretty much all the reviews -- even the bad ones -- state, Baoase is a beautiful property. The lagoon/beach area is immaculate, the cabanas on both sides of the lagoon is a nice touch, and the layout of the resort is terrific -- they do a lot with a pretty small space (for a resort). But at these prices, I had a few issues. Some (like the location) I probably could have been better informed about before booking, but others could not be anticipated.

PROS
- The quality of the facilities (other than the gym) are terrific.
- The service at the beach (the beach butlers) was excellent -- friendly and very attentive.
- The staff are eager (perhaps too eager at times....) to take care of whatever you may need/want.
- The welcome tour and drink was a nice touch.
- 24-hour security is nice to have (and necessary, it seems).
- The food is excellent (but see below!) -- especially breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room.
- The private deck and jacuzzi area of my suite was really incredible -- exactly what I needed to relax.

CONS
- The neighborhood. Although I walked to Willemstad and back, it was at least a 30-minute walk, and essentially once you pass the Avila Beach Hotel, you go through some neighborhoods you wouldn't feel particularly safe in after dark. When I told the folks at the front desk that I was going out to dinner one night and was planning on walking, one of them literally said she feared for my safety. Unfortunately, the alternative is a cab ride (literally down the street) that will cost at least $30 round trip.
- Sleep quality. Perhaps this is specific to me, but my suite was directly above the kitchen. The first morning, I was awoken just before 6 a.m. by the kitchen door slamming, which I could both hear and feel (!) through the bed. This slamming went on all day until about 11:30 p.m., and started up again around 6 every morning -- not the relaxing vacation I was looking for.... When I mentioned this, I was met with what appeared to be skepticism ("every guest is a bit different," I was told). It was relentless. Finally, I was given an offer to move from my Honeymoon Suite into the Banyan Tree Room -- a huge downgrade in size, view, amenities, etc. I appreciated the effort to make me comfortable, but I was surprised that I wasn't offered any sort of financial credit, given the difference in room rates. I opted to remain where I was, blast a white noise app on my phone, and hope for the best.
- The restaurant is crazy expensive. Yes, I know it's supposed to be "fine dining," but really, it seemed a bit excessive. That said, over the week I was there, it seemed that a lot of restaurants -- at least those catering to tourists -- are more expensive than in the U.S. for the same quality food. But, that said, with no affordable options within walking distance, you're pretty much stuck.
- The gym is horrible. For a 5-star resort, this is not the sort of equipment I would expect. I gave up and went for a run outside (in the daylight, of course!).
- There is no spa -- just an outdoor massage gazebo. Now I'll admit that having a massage outside with the sea breeze hitting you and the waves crashing in the distance was pretty cool; unfortunately, the massage was pretty mediocre. I guess the absence of a spa really isn't a "con" since the entire resort is pretty spa-like....
- The $120 round-trip "luxury airport transfer" was literally in a taxi. As in, there was a "taxi" sign up front, and credit card stickers on the window.

Finally, the service just felt a bit strange. On the one hand, everyone definitely wanted to make me feel welcome and taken care of (except when my room location made it impossible to get a good night's sleep). On the other hand, it was all a bit overbearing at times, and it felt a bit forced. At times, I just wanted to be left alone. Also, the Guest Relations person who visited me each day seemed more interested in getting me to spend more money (disappointed I wasn't eating at the restaurant, trying to get me to pay for a private walking tour of Willemstad, etc.) than she was in giving me helpful information. In fact, when I asked about a few island spots I had read about, she knew nothing about them. I even asked about some well-reviewed restaurants that were less than a mile from the resort, and she didn't know anything about any of them. She seemed to have a set list of recommendations, and didn't really stray beyond that.

All that said, this really is an interesting place. Definitely not 5 stars, and definitely not worth the crazy prices (and I got a 4 nights for 3 deal!) -- at least based on the standards of 5-star hotels/resorts in the U.S. But even with all the "cons" listed above, 3 stars seems too low -- it's definitely in the "very good" range, even with these flaws. And that's saying something, I suppose!

Room tip: Do not get Honeymoon Suite 301 -- it is directly above the kitchen (though the view is amazing!)
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Gregory C

Dear Gregory C,

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is very good to hear that our staff has been warm and welcoming during your stay and we really appreciate the feedback even when it is less than positive.

We always strive to provide our guest with the peace and relaxation they seek and we deeply regret not being able to provide this to you.

In the past we have rarely received complaints regarding disturbances caused by the kitchen. We can assure you that we will take measure to insure that this not happen in the future.

Despite the accommodation not living up to the expected relaxation you were looking forward to, we hope you had a pleasant stay on Curacao and in our resort. And hope you remember us fondly enough, for if you ever decide to visit our island again, that you would grace us with the opportunity to make exceed your previous stay.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Baoase is simply amazing! We felt so welcome and relaxed the moment we stepped through the gates! Stayed in Villa 8 for a week with my husband and two college age children and everything was perfect. The 3 br villa with private pool was even better than the pictures and love the outdoor showers! The attention to every detail by all the staff makes for an unforgettable stay. The beach is amazing with many cabanas and super comfy beach lounges and love the beach butler service. All the food was superb - included breakfast, beach bbq, asian night, hot stone dinner in villa for son's birthday, and very tasty cocktails with fabulous bartenders! Rented a car a few times through the front office - very convenient and fun way to explore Curacao attractions - snorkeling with turtles, city center, ostrich farm. All in all we had a very relaxing and pampered stay at Baoase. It was so hard to say goodbye, but we will definitely be back again!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Baoase_Luxury_Resort, General Manager at Baoase Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2019

Dear rjesm4,

Thank you so much for all the compliments. We are thrilled we organized an unforgettable trip for you at Baoase Luxury Resort and we would love to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

While the resort is absolutely beautiful and the food was wonderful for the entire visit, what stood out the most was the compassion and care of the entire staff. My husband broke his foot during our visit. The staff were so helpful and considerate, arranging for a doctor to come to the room, helping the ambulance service get him to the hospital, arranging meals for us in the room when we returned to the resort, and helping transport him to the car service for a travel back to the airport for our departure. The general manager himself was extremely kind and generous in driving my daughter and I to the hospital personally, right behind the ambulance, and then picking all of us up later and driving us to the store to purchase crutches. He even offered us a room that might be more accommodating for the remainder of our stay even though it was a more expensive room than what we purchased. I am not sure how we would have navigated this his help and the assistance of the entire staff. They were extremely helpful, professional and compassionate. The entire staff went above and beyond to help us and make the rest of our stay as nice as possible.

Room tip: They have extensive and accurate photos, and the various rooms have different features.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sarah p,

First of all, I hope your husband is doing well.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is a pleasure to read your complimenting words about the location of Baoase Luxury Resort, our housekeeping and maintenance. Our staff is always trying their utmost best to meet every guest’s expectations and we are happy to hear that they could meet your wishes.

We are very proud of our staff who always strives for delivering the highest quality of service. For special occasions like this, our coordinators try their best to create an unforgettable experience.

We hope to welcome you again at Baoase Luxury Resort.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Baoase for ten days and it was just WOOOW! I was in many beautiful five star resorts in my life before and have quite high standards, but when I arrived at Baoase I was just blown away by the beauty of the resort, it is truly unique!
I was welcomed with a refreshing welcome drink and got a wonderful tour around the resort from a super kind staff member. Everything is just perfect and the resort has so many wonderful things to offer. You can really see that everything is made with so much love for the detail. I came to stay at Baoase to just take a time off and it was one of the best decisions: I had a breathtaking suite with sea view, wonderful massages, enjoyed the tranqulity of their private beach, had delicious food and good conversations with the staff, which was always very obliging. They also booked some beautiful tours on the island for me. Everyone just wanted to make my stay perfect! They also have a lovely boutique with many nice beach dresses, jewelry, swimwear, etc. so I could buy myself and my beloved ones at home some fashionable souvenirs.
So as you can see I would 100% recommend Baoase for some relaxing days on Curacao with everything your heart desires. I already booked my next stay and can't wait to be back at this idyllic piece of earth!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Baoase_Luxury_Resort, General Manager at Baoase Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Dear Charlotte Z,

Thank you for writing this wonderful review. We are honored to hear that you consider Baoase Luxury Resort / Baoase Culinary Beach Restaurant as the best on the island of Curaçao and that you already booked your next stay.

We would love to welcome you again in the near future!