Baoase is a small resort set on what appears to be a man made sheltered small lagoon with first class service.
Situated about 3km from the centre on Punda in an area which does not look particularly upmarket, the hotel is an oasis of discrete calm and luxury.
The level of service was impressive and all the staff were a delight to deal with even the maintenance staff who dealt with a few technical issues in the room (fuse blowing and devices that could not be turned off).
Everything that they had for breakfast was perfectly made although there were some surprises (only jam was home made strawberry but then they had tuna mayonnaise and coronation chicken in pots instead).
The only reason for the downgrade to 4 rather than 5 is that our room was not ideal. It was situated over the kitchen which meant it was noisy in the morning and its air conditioning unit (or perhaps that of the next door suite) was loud all night and being sold as an ocean front suite advertised as having a "stunning view on the sea" really did not because of the vegetation in the way which meant it was secluded but with virtually no view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens on the pristine waters of the Caribbean Sea, Baoase Luxury Resort in Curacao, is the ultimate island retreat! Named to the 2010 Hot List by Conde Nast Traveler, and Winner of the 2011 Travelers Choice award from Tripadvisor for Top 10 hotels for Romance in the Caribbean and Mexico, Baoase is an unforgettable experience that promises total relaxation, luxurious comfort, and impeccable service. This stunning brand new resort is surrounded by meandering free form pools, waterfalls, swaying palms and an idyllic private beach. Reflecting the qualities of an elegant home, the residential style villas and suites at Baoase are decorated in a refined Asian style and provide a relaxing ambiance complete with modern amenities. Villas and Suites also offer free connection to wireless internet and all indoor areas are air-conditioned whereas the porch has ceiling fans. Suites feature a spacious balcony/terrace with stunning sea view, each has its private garden with Jacuzzi. The interior design and its facilities are unique. Furthermore they boast a flat screen TV, DVD and Dolby surround system, coffeemaker, mini fridge, and wireless internet. The Master Villa is the Baoase's top accommodation. It comes with views that reach all the way to the buildings of downtown Willemstad, Curacao's capital. The villa also has its own private infinity pool, complete with a "luxury cave" that includes a Jacuzzi, a bar and card table and a relaxation area. Also included in the Master Villa is a chef, butler and the use of a private beach. From water sports to sailing, diving or fishing excursions, your every request will be taken in to consideration to help make your vacation the most memorable. Baoase luxury Resort will surely bring Heaven to Earth. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad