Baoase is a small resort set on what appears to be a man made sheltered small lagoon with first class service.
Situated about 3km from the centre on Punda in an area which does not look particularly upmarket, the hotel is an oasis of discrete calm and luxury.
The level of service was impressive and all the staff were a delight to deal with even the maintenance staff who dealt with a few technical issues in the room (fuse blowing and devices that could not be turned off).
Everything that they had for breakfast was perfectly made although there were some surprises (only jam was home made strawberry but then they had tuna mayonnaise and coronation chicken in pots instead).
The only reason for the downgrade to 4 rather than 5 is that our room was not ideal. It was situated over the kitchen which meant it was noisy in the morning and its air conditioning unit (or perhaps that of the next door suite) was loud all night and being sold as an ocean front suite advertised as having a "stunning view on the sea" really did not because of the vegetation in the way which meant it was secluded but with virtually no view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. With 23 extravagant rooms, suites and villas, the resort is the ultimate getaway for luxury seeker. In line with the love of Balinese style, something unique and highly luxurious was created. Different elements were incorporated in the design of the resort such as cool, dark woods and vases, antiques, and other elegant artefacts scattered throughout the property to set off the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort’s philosophy of barefoot elegance brings luxury back to its essence. Unique are the water basins located at the guest room entrances. They are designed so guests can wash their feet before entering their accommodation which is also a Balinese custom. The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. Baoase distinguishes itself from other luxury resorts in the Caribbean by offering impeccable attention to detail, an unparalleled level of service and- a commitment to creating a unique holiday spot for the world’s most discriminating traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad