We spent 4 nights at Baoase in mid-November. This is a beautiful property with lovely rooms and an
excellent restaurant. The service was spectacular - all the staff we encountered were consistently friendly, polite, and helpful.
If you like large resorts, then Baoase is not the place for you. Baoase feels much more like a luxury villa with all the amenities of a hotel. The infinity pool is small, but pretty and relaxing with a nice waterfall and a private "cave" entrance in the middle. The ocean front, while man-made, allows you to swim in calm waters, but still maintains a view of the bigger ocean beyond. It seems to block the heavy winds a bit as well, allowing a breeze to come through, but nothing too strong. Our favorite spot was "the sunset lounge" an open air wooden structure at the edge of the ocean where the staff would set up large cushions and pillows every afternoon for couples to lie down and enjoy the sunset.
The food at the restaurant was delicious - we had breakfast included and got a nice assortment of baked goods every day, juices, smoothies, eggs any style, waffles, crepes, and small salads (egg, tuna, beef, etc...). For lunch,
we generally ate "tapas style" as we were never that hungry after big breakfasts and treats from the beach butler. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night - it was honestly the best dinner I have ever had. I ordered the Chef's surprise menu and let them know I did not like mushrooms. Everything was exceptional and you cannot beat the setting right on the beach. I can't imagine a more perfect evening.
Carlos gave us a great tour of the West side on our second day which gave us a good feel for Curacao. The resort provides snorkel gear and kayaks which we used a few times to explore outside the man-made swimming area. The resort is close to the city, so it is easy to get there by cab for dinner out. We ate at Kome one night which was excellent - felt kind of like a restaurant in New York City.
My only complaint about Baoase is the front desk staff wasn't always as detail oriented as they could have been, so you do have to make sure that you keep copies of emails with requests made ahead of time - it wouldn't hurt to confirm just prior to the trip. (We had asked for luxury transfer to and from the airport, but had to take a taxi as no one from the resort was waiting for us. I had requested that they decorate our room prior to our arrival for my husband's birthday, but it was not done until I reminded them the morning after we arrived. (This turned out to be nicely done - they hung balloons and brought a really unique and tasty gourmet cake to the room). Also, there were two instances that we asked for taxis, but a resort staff
member drove us instead. Even though we had not requested it, we were charged an extra fee for the rides). Nothing that ruined the trip, just small details to be aware of if this sort of thing bothers you. Overall, the staff was kind and accommodating and the resort was so tranquil and relaxing that these small issues were irrelevant. I would definitely recommend checking this place out if you are looking for a quiet, romantic place to stay in the Caribbean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. With 23 extravagant rooms, suites and villas, the resort is the ultimate getaway for luxury seeker. In line with the love of Balinese style, something unique and highly luxurious was created. Different elements were incorporated in the design of the resort such as cool, dark woods and vases, antiques, and other elegant artefacts scattered throughout the property to set off the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort’s philosophy of barefoot elegance brings luxury back to its essence. Unique are the water basins located at the guest room entrances. They are designed so guests can wash their feet before entering their accommodation which is also a Balinese custom. The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. Baoase distinguishes itself from other luxury resorts in the Caribbean by offering impeccable attention to detail, an unparalleled level of service and- a commitment to creating a unique holiday spot for the world’s most discriminating traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad