Baoase Luxury Resort
  • Breakfast included
Avila Beach Hotel(Willemstad)
BijBlauw(Willemstad)
View Hotel
All reviewsour honeymoonprivate beachthe banyan treebeachfront suiteasian nightcolonial roombeach butleroutdoor showertrue paradiseman made lagoonmoment you arrivethe entire staffincluded breakfastturn down servicewelcome drinkromantic getawayday pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

a beautiful small resort with dedicated staff, a great spot to relax and get spoiled..
Planned beautifully, from the palmtrees to the beachchairs to the accommodations.
Smiling faces all around which made our stay so relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 8,672,013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I decided that this summer we wanted to have a relaxing beach holiday. Not an easy feat when the caribbean is your desired destination and your timing coincides with hurricane season. After some research I discovered that Curacao seemed a safe choice. The icing on the cake was discovering Baoase.
Through email correspondence with the reservations dept., I booked a three bedroom ocean front villa for nine days. I also booked their roundtrip luxury transfer between airport and hotel. Unfortunately, there was nothing luxurious about the large back van that picked us up, not to mention the driver did not say two words to us on the drive from airport to hotel. However, we used a taxi for dinner one night and were picked up by a charming driver in a luxury SUV, the resort made arrangements for this gentleman to drive us to the airport on the day of our departure - this was very much appreciated.
We arrived at Baoase and were whisked away behind private gates where we were greeted by staff and given a short tour before being brought to our beautiful, sexy, balinese inspired villa (#5) - Bunga Kacapiring.
We spent most of our time relaxing on the beach and being very well tended to by the beach butlers. We choose our spot on the day we arrived and each morning the chaise loungers were set up for us by the time we arrived to the beach. There is an unspoken rule that once you have chosen your spot, it is yours for the duration of your stay - no scurrying about at a ridiculous hour of the morning to lay claim to your territory. Breakfast is served until 11a.m. which coincides with the tranquil vibe that permeates throughout the resort.
Dinner at Baoase was a fabulous experience for the first five evenings. Meals here are meant to be lingered over as you wait in anticipation for the next dish to be set down in front of you. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and they did during our dinner on Saturday evening. I now understand why the ratings vary so on the restaurant review page. I did make the manager aware of our disappointment Sunday evening as we were headed into town for dinner. When we arrived back at out villa there was a bottle of prosecco and a lovely note saying they would make it up to us on our final evening. Well, I'm certain they meant to but, again dinner was very disappointing on our final night.
There was one major issue, and if anything keeps me from returning to Baoase this is the reason. The resort is very, very small, spectacularly beautiful, but very small. I mention this not because of the size itself, but because one unruly child can wreak havoc on the atmosphere of the entire resort. There were well behaved children of all ages at Baoase when we were there - I visited with my own children. For example: There are five villas that surround the pool - very close quarters - no problem till our last two nights. Quite a few families lodged complaints to management about one family in particular - they had no consideration for other guests. In one instance their youngest (7 or 8 yrs. old) child was screaming in the pool at 8am - directly outside our master bedroom door which opened directly onto the pool. So, I advise that you pay close attention to school holidays and also summer season.
Baoase is a very special place with a fabulous staff that will take care of your every need. Lots of attention to detail which I appreciate tremendously. The good (great) far outweighs the negative and thats why I am giving an excellent rating.
Keep up the greatness and please consider a minimum age for visiting children at certain times of the year.
PS - Highly recommend a dive excursion with Carlos - fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank people2people
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As we visited Curaçao more than once, we know that it is not easy to find a perfect hotel on the island. By Trip advisor we selected this hotel and we are lucky we did. It is an Asian decorated small but high standard 5 star resort with friendly and warm staff. The breakfast is included and overwhelming with its verity and service. It is located on the beach with a view to 2 small islands located in front of the beach, creating a small inner sea. We stayed at the colonial de luxe room and this was very nice although there are far more luxury rooms available. Although our overall impression is perfect, there are also some minors. So is the policy that the beach and restaurant area are without Wifi to protect guests from working. So reading your online newspaper at the breakfast is impossible and for us a disappointment. The kitchen is very, very good (we think one of the best on the island) but a little bit pricy and when staying longer the menu choice should be extended. It is possible to order off the menu but this is not mentioned in the menu. For us this resort is the reason to re-visit Curaçao again.

Room Tip: Each room is perfect: from one bedroom to complete villas with own swimming pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMP B
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Reservation
Smooth reservation process. All queries were handled very promptly.

Airport limo
Our driver Marlon was waiting for us when we arrived. He was friendly, courteous and an excellent guide showing us points of interest on our way to the hotel.

Arrival
We were greeted by friendly staff and taken on a tour of the resort by Claire.

Room
We stayed in the Ocean view suite 3. My first impression was breathtaking. It did not feel like a hotel and having welcome cocktails fruit/cheese plate was a nice touch. Unlike some of the previous guests I loved the way the palm trees bordered the verandah as it offered more privacy. My only complaint is that it lacked a full length mirror and the lighting in the bathroom made it difficult to apply makeup. ( This was a mother-daughter trip, therefore you can see why this stood out.). The housekeeping team kept the room spotless.

Other
I mentioned in the questionaire (filled in prior to our stay) that the trip was in celebration of my daughter's grad and birthday. Claire surprised my daughter with a cake.

Our beach butler Greg was fantastic, we were well looked after with Landy and her team for breakfast and we enjoyed the dinner service with Sabine and her team.

Beachfront
The beach had ample space, it felt totally private even though there were other guests on the beach. It was serene & beautifully landscaped.

Overall, this was a great resort and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank AKRF
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the resort in June 2013, in the three bedroom villa. The resort is very beautiful , but its not for young people who wants to party. Be careful in leaving valuables in your room because my wife's gold chain was stolen, the managers couldn't do anything about it. So I think for an expensive place like boase it doesn't deserve to be called a five star resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends