We enjoyed one of the Baoase villas this month with 2 other couples during our scuba diving open water certification. Though Curacao is much less famous as a diving destination than it's sibling Bonaire, what a great place to be! And we could not have chosen a better resort. The villa was stylish and beautiful - a pleasant modern kitchen/ interior opened through double doors onto a large private wooden deck with our one of two outdoor showers and own stairs into the warm salt water infinity pool. The deck was our base of operations for dive planning by day and decompressing in the evenings. Each bedroom was beautifully done with stylish touches and very comfortable beds. The outdoor shower was felt by all to be a special delight. The property is very small, on a small sand beach surrounding a lagoon, which leads by 3 portals to the ocean. It is new, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into planning and design. We have traveled a great deal and this was amongst the prettiest resort boutique hotels at which we have stayed. Though it is not known as a scuba destination, the coral just outside the hotel hosts a wide variety of fish and their dock and lagoon were well suited to our dive training - but it would be great fun for casual snorkeliing as well given the 100 foot visibility below the waves. Service is outstanding with personable and attentive staff who knew our coffee preferences by our second morning! The morning breakfast is elaborate and delicious. Management is active and omnipresent in assuring that guests have a good experience. While the property is quite smal, and built up on an out cropping in a neighborhood, the landscaping is superb. The restaurant and bar are literally on the sandy beach. There are no crowds here - only quiet relaxation. Bring a book, a snorkel and a friend. As far as the island of Curacao, there are a wide variety of excellent restaurants with much better and varied food than the average Caribbean fare. The safety of the neighborhoods is varied, however, so one must be careful, and probably use a cab, (the 6 of us rented a van and did okay)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. With 23 extravagant rooms, suites and villas, the resort is the ultimate getaway for luxury seeker. In line with the love of Balinese style, something unique and highly luxurious was created. Different elements were incorporated in the design of the resort such as cool, dark woods and vases, antiques, and other elegant artefacts scattered throughout the property to set off the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort’s philosophy of barefoot elegance brings luxury back to its essence. Unique are the water basins located at the guest room entrances. They are designed so guests can wash their feet before entering their accommodation which is also a Balinese custom. The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. Baoase distinguishes itself from other luxury resorts in the Caribbean by offering impeccable attention to detail, an unparalleled level of service and- a commitment to creating a unique holiday spot for the world’s most discriminating traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad