We booked this resort through their website and asked many questions before deciding on Bon Bini....unfortunately, they were not the correct questions. First, the office has very limited hours and not a guarantee they will be there. They are open until 1pm or 3pm on Sat and don't re-open until Mon and even then they are only open until 6pm with a 2 hour break in the middle of the day. You have to plan around their schedule. The first bungalow we were assigned was dirty (we were told we couldn't check in until after noon because it was being cleaned) and in need of a good paint job. The walls were disgusting! There was some sort of fruit in the slats on the wall which I'm sure didn't help with the bug problem. We went into the king bed bedroom and as soon as we turned on the lights we could see there was an ant problem. Not just a few, but a small army. We got bug spray and sprayed the room which killed many, but others were still alive. The ants were on the wall, the door jams and the floor. These were the big and black ants...there were the small brown ants in the kitchen. We later tried to get our room changed, due to the situation and were told they were full. We asked what the cancellation policy was and were told 2 weeks, but they would come and look at the room and see how bad it was. Needless to say, they were shocked at the number of dead ants on the floor and that others, after several hours, were still alive. They did manage to change our room, which was better than the first, not great, but better. The good is they have A/C, in the bedrooms only, but it does a good job of staying cool if you keep the drapes closed. We could never get the TV to work, even after following the instructions. The bathrooms leave a lot to be desired...they were moldy and need to be redone. It would be nice to get some hot water for the shower, but the shower had good water pressure. There are no hand towels or washcloths, so if you need these you need to bring them from home.
We are probably four of the easiest Americans to please. All we really require is that the room be clean. We don't need all the other amenities that other places offer. We would suggest safes in the rooms because they do offer safe deposit boxes in the main office, but with their very limited hours and security guards unable to assist with this, you have to plan accordingly, which defeats the purpose of a safe deposit box.
After talking to the office people, they understand that if they want to get more Americans, they need to improve tremendously. The good news is that a new management company just took over, the bad news is that nothing has been done for over 9 months and apparently, nothing will probably get done for several more months. At this time, we wouldn't recommend staying here. Maybe some of the other bungalows are better than others, but they all appear to need renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Bon Bini Seaside Resort you will experience the ultimate tropical vacation. Relax in your cottage while you're enjoying the view of sky-blue sea or the tropical gardens. The near the Caribbean sea located Bon Bini Seaside Resort is quiet, atmospheric and accessible for everyone. The resort consists of 28 spacious cottages and each with a cozy interior. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Bon Bini Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bon Bini Seaside Hotel Willemstad
- Bon Bini Seaside Resort Curacao/Willemstad