I travel for a living with my job and this was a work trip. My stay was from Nov 11 to Dec 11. As such I do not expect many luxuries. However I do expect a certain level of service and cleanliness. The bed is very firm and if you like firm mattress then this is a minor issue. There is no breakfast in the hotel that is worth the price they charge. I am aware this is an island and as such all food is imported, however due to the over priced menu for what was given I found it easier to just eat at the local McDonald's. The location of the hotel is central and for a work stay it is in a good location for this specific job however for any leisurely stay I would not recommend this hotel. It is a 15-20 min drive to the beach, there is claim to have a shuttle but it is not a shuttle, instead it is a bus that leaves in the morning and returns at night.
Major down sides
• Restaurant prices are overpriced for the quantity and quality of food provided.
• Cockroaches found in general area in room and two in my bed.
• Mosquitos are an issue inside rooms and outside.
• Showers in various rooms do not drain properly leaving for standing water.
• Service is slow when responding to a room issue
• Service is unhelpful when finally responding and are sometimes condescending.
• No beach access
• No fitness center
• Limited outlets in rooms, no outlets near bed
• Centrally located next to a mall and a pharmacy.
• 20-30 min drive to the airport
• Rooms are spacious
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trupial Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trupial Hotel Willemstad
- Trupial Inn Curacao/Willemstad