“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Trupial Inn

Trupial Inn
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first impression of the hotel was... Wow... i was traveling alone, arived at night hours and was hearing only noises of cicadas and other animals. I felt like in jungle :) . i felt excited. Lot of palm trees and many flowers and green everywhere. I loved the location, because it wasnt direct in the city. Its situated quit in the middle between the airport and Willemstad. So no beach. But, beautiful nice pool. Staff working in the hotel is very friendly and discret. About cleanless , never i had any doubts. Rooms are spacious bit cool but mordern. I felt safe in this area, even its dark outside on the streets. There are few small restaurants in walking distance as well a simple sympatic shopping mall. I would recommand this place to everybody who doesnt need to stay day and night in AI hotels with animation and look for bit more quite location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Bummlerin
There are newer reviews for Trupial Inn

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Trupial Inn was a decent hotel to stay in Curaçao. For the price I have no major complaints. The grounds were beautiful and the pool was nice. The main complaint we had was the room service was a little slow and we had a small spider problem. Dispute all that we would stay again at this hotel. Isaac messed up our travel plans, but the hotel staff kept our room, even though we were a day late. That says a lot for the customer service. Plus, the area the hotel was located was very nice. The fact that it was in a residential area did not bother us, it actually added to the charm. Plus, the hotel is centrally located so we could get around the hotel with no drama.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clashfactor
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Trupial Inn is a good hotel for those travellers who do not feel the need to stay at the beach and like to be flexible in their choices. You can be at the beach in 15 minutes and in town in 10.

With shops around the corner and the circular road just a few meters away, you can easily stay here for a longer period of time. Rooms with cooking facilities are availible and every room has aircon plus a good shower, flatscreen TV, coffe maker, fridge, ironing board and safe. The pool is great for kids. The bar and restaurant are up market. I avoided the casino. Not my thing.

I enjoyed the clean rooms and modern facilities. There was ample parking space. The family with kids next to my room enjoyed the place as well. The pool was great for the kids and the staff is very kid friendly. I would take my family there for sure.

As a business hotel Trupial Inn is a real winner. Affordable and central.

Next time I go, I will see to it Trupial is booked again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank RobMat2009
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently stayed at Trupial Inn, it's still in the renovation and construction phase, but nonetheless the rooms are nice and cozy and very modern decor. The gardens a beautiful tropical paradise. The whole place has been modernized and has this cool metro look. Cozy couches. There are shuttles to and from Punda twice a day. I would definitely go back. Btw heavenly beds!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcia D
Reviewed May 1, 2012

First and most importantly: Forget the pictures on tripadvisor! The Trupial Inn was flooded in November 2011 and has been update to a more modern decor. The Jimmy Buffet Caribbean charm in the bar and restaurant is now a more metro look with cool blue lighting under the bar and sleek couchs around. The restaurant is also sleekly designed. Honestly, I was disappointed since I was thinking more casual caribbean than modern but hey, be flexible.
The restaurant had good food and Irene, the food and beverage director played hostess the night we were there. She was very helpful and knowledgable about the island and the hotel. There were three of us and we had coconut shrimp, chicken souflaki, and the red snapper special, respectively. Snapper was the best but all dishes could have done with a little less cooking time or less time under a warmer as they were a bit dry. Side salads were well done and fresh. Spinach mash potatoes, a local dish were better at the Old Market downtown. Free glass of wine with each entree was a nice touch.
The rooms are same theme, modern and well done. Flat screens and our room had two very large beds. I swear they were kings or at least a "real" Quinn ( vs the "hotel queen" which is something between a full and a queen). A/C worked fine but like many hotels seemed to push less cool air in the middle of the night.
Location is totally the opposite side of Willemstad than the Marriott (see my other review). I found the service at Trupial Inn superior to the Marriott. Front desk reception and our time in the restaurant were far more pleasant experiences. I think the staff may actually like their jobs. At least they smile. The bar provided a small plate of appetizers and bug spray. Gotta love that!

Room Tip: They have front porch area with two adirondack chairs and a table. Nice but mosquitoes will eat you...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Cyndi B
Reviewed January 31, 2012

we are very satisfied. rooms are new_renovated.clean.very clean.green area.palms. flowers.birds. great hotel_bungalows.a bit far to punda and beach. the best option is to rent a car to see the island. if not the hotel offers free shuttle service to the beach and the city_everyday. simply love it.

• Stayed: January 2012
7  Thank violette1
Reviewed November 27, 2011

After the flooding the whole place has been updated quite nicely. At arrival however it was not indicated where the reception was located, luckily some other quests told me. I didn't really feel welcome at the reception and after having dinner (which was quite good) I couldn't book the food on the room. Also I couldn't pay with card and they couldn't change cash; the staff was not really in the mood for helping me and it was more my problem than theirs.

The breakfast was very limited, very little choice, bread still cold from the freezer, no butter and an extreme lot of flies. For 15 dollars you can have a very complete breakfast in one of the many restaurants in town.

For me the last time that I will visit it

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business