I stayed at Hilton Curacao in December and I would sum it up in one sentence: This Hilton Property needs to be maintained to the standards of other Hilton Hotels worldwide. At present it is very similar to the level of a Hilton Garden Inn in the US.
This Hilton is located at Piscadera fort. The surrounding area has UN offices and a Marriot and another boutique hotel property. The hotel looks certainly better from outside but in regards to name brand, I believe it has some challenges. I agree with the comments posted by other guests recently about this property.
Pros: Helpful staff, safe parking lot, nice spacious rooms and comfortable beds, clean bathroom and ample toiletries. Cleaning crew and safety guards are very pleasant to deal with. Wifi speed is superb. The restaurant has good breakfast.
Cons: Three major issues noted are as follows and it is upto Hilton to look into this very seriously.
1. The Executive Lounge is very small and cannot accommodate more than 12 guests at a time - the staff is polite but cannot help much when all the guests are asking too many things at the same time. This lounge is not equipped to serve a variety of food items for breakfast and evening hours, the quality of the service is also disappointing sometimes. Overall the lounge needs to be rebuilt or its access needs to be restricted strictly to just a few people in the present case.
2. The beach is really tiny and only a few guests can access the chaise and umbrellas at the beach. Besides, the access to the beach is really unkempt and can be nauseating should there be many people relaxing at the same time. The beach bar is really expensive and only has few items in its menu.
3. The location is much desolated. You will need a rental car or a taxi to access Willemstad and other parts of the island. There is not much to do around hotel itself. This will be the case with Marriot close to this location. That said, I feel that being a loyal Hilton elite member, the staff tried their best to please the guests in best of their capacity but overall Hilton should look for a better location and other properties or consider investing major cash to bring it to a Hilton Standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and free shuttle to the center of Willemstad 10 minutes away, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic Caribbean retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel's range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad