After returning from our 12 day vacation to Curacao, I can't wait to return! From check in to our last lunch before leaving we were always treated like we were the only ones at the resort. The costumer service is superior! Aldrin at checkin made sure we had a room that suited our needs, Prisca checked in daily to make sure we were having the best experience. One afternoon I was hungry and asked for BLT, Prisca personally went to kitchen with my request and delivered it to me on the beach, she was always smiling and offering anything we needed. During our daily visits to the Board Room on the beach we met Monique, the bartender, who gives service with a smile a new standard. She always offered new drink ideas and made special shakes for our son. One day Monique brought us mangos from her own tree at home. The personal service at the Marriott Resort and Emerald Casino is something that will bring me back time and time again. Lelieth, at the Portifino restaurant, had so much energy and enthusiasm, it made you feel like you were right at home with family eating around your own table. The food at the resort is not top of the line cuisine, and a bit pricey for what you get, but it was good. One afternoon my husband broke his sun glasses and needed super glue for a quick repair. Ranada at the front desk brought in a new bottle of super glue when she started her shift that day. Ranada saved the day!
Curacao is a safe island, but to add to that sense of security, the guard Kurtly was always there with a friendly smile and great conversation about the island.
In my review I gave the hotel property a 4 out of 5 because it is a bit dated but extremely clean. The hotel itself really needs to be updated, but the superior customer service outshines the fact that the resort rooms need updating. I hope when I return there will be some improvements to the rooms. The property itself is very lush and well maintained even though the island itself is very dry and dessert like.
As far as going off the resort, again it is a very safe island, but it is expensive to take a taxi 30$ round trip. My husband was charged 50$ to go to the Ostrich farm which was not worth it at all. The beach at the resort is private and very quiet, unlike the pool that is beautiful, but can get a bit loud with all the kids. At one time the pool had to be shut down due to a "diaper" accident. Aside from that the pool and beach are both beautiful places to relax or have an adventure. Snorkeling right at the hotel reef makes it easy for the entire family to enjoy!
I can't wait to return to paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad