I spent 2 weeks at the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort and had a WONDERFUL time!! The open air entrance and lobby overlooks the pool and the beautiful beach. From the lobby, it's difficult to tell where the pool ends and the beach begins - much thought was put into this design. The pictures on the website were so inviting, I knew I needed to stay there and I was not disappointed. I don't have words to describe the overwhelming beauty of this place!
The front desk staff was wonderful - thank you Gesmaline for the manager's reception and Bryan for the info on public transportation. (We took the public bus into town almost daily). Our biggest praise goes to the housekeeping staff, Chamila, Madelien and the supervisor Diane. They were absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Chamila and Madelien were friendly, helpful and upbeat. They gave us suggestions on places to eat local food, what to eat, places to visit and made lists so we would remember. They were absolutely wonderful to us! They left cheery notes daily and checked to ensure that everything was in order, according to our preferences. Even as a Marriott platinum member, I've never gotten this quality of service from housekeeping - what a pleasant surprise! Kudos to Marriott for retaining such a great staff and for the unbelievable customer service from the housekeeping staff.
Could the hotel use some updating? Yes, but the views and staff made up that. I never did get used to 'island time.' Service in most restaurants (on and off property) was extremely slow. The wait time between order and delivery was about 1 hour, regardless of the order, size of group or number of customers. (One evening, I ordered 2 sides at the hotels Seabreeze swim - coconut rice and plantains and that took 45 minutes!! Gordon Ramsey would have been screaming at the top of his lungs!)
Another issue is the 'service charge' automatically added to all checks - only when pressed will the servers say that its the tip.
Bottom line - despite these issues, I will go back to Curacao and stay at the Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad