My husband and I recently returned from 5 nights at the Marriott Curacao and were very pleased with our stay. We often stay at Ritz Carltons in the Caribbean using Marriott points, and chose the Curacao Marriott because we were looking for a better value. We were not disappointed!
Rooms: As other reviews have mentioned, the rooms are a bit dated, but our ocean view room was clean, spacious, and in good condition. It had all the amenities you would expect (safe, iron, sizable mini-fridge for beverages and food if you are looking to stock up and save a few dollars). My only gripe was a very minor one, that the chairs on our balcony appeared to be old conference room chairs and we had no table on the balcony. There is not free wifi in the rooms, but there is free wifi in the lobby in all of the public areas of the resort, which is where we spent most of our time so this was no big deal.
Resort: The resort is as beautiful as the pictures suggest and the property is in good condition. We enjoyed the infinity pool and since there is no buffer between the pool and the beach (we assumed they do not need to worry about storm surges being outside the hurricane belt) you can sit by or in the pool and still enjoy the view and the sound of the waves. When we were there is was very windy, so we appreciated that the beach has umbrella huts and the pool umbrellas are drilled into the ground--no jockeying to get an umbrella that would then fall over or blow away. I intended to take advantage of a spa service but did not end up doing so. Location is convenient just 10 minutes from the airport or to downtown Willemstad.
Food: Sufficient variety and quality average to above average, so we only left the resort once to eat. Coming from a big city, and having traveled abroad and to resorts frequently, we found the prices for food and drink to be highly reasonable for a beach resort (though good to be aware of the service charges and taxes that will be included on your bill). We preferred Portofino for dinner at Seabreeze poolside for lunch. We appreciated that the Voila delicatessen provided an alternative for a light breakfast or snack, as well as coffee, bottled water, beer, and wine, all at reasonable prices--you are not stuck with an expensive breakfast buffet.
Service: Friendly and fast across the board! When we travel abroad we are used to service being slower than in the US. Don't expect "island time" here, drinks and food arrive quickly and we had no trouble with checking in/out and getting a taxi. We did have a slight glitch at checkout when my husbands Marriott credit card would not swipe on the card reader and they were not able to enter the number manually so that we could earn points, but that was not a big deal and the staff were highly apologetic nonetheless.
Finally, the resort seems to attract travelers from different countries, and a mix of singles, couples, and families. You won't feel out of place in any case. Overall, this was a really great value and we would recommend for a relaxing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad