ifare if u follow my reviews you already I am picky and have a different take on things. I do think this hotel is really nice, and it's good enough to stay here in Curaçao. it sort of reminds me a bit of the Hyatt in Aruba but not as classy.. everyone here is super friendly and helpful, there are some communication issues, like when I asked for an over the top restaurant they don't u dear stand those kind of things. the beach is not too wide, the wat is nice not perfect, but there are awful rocks and pebbles in the water for about 15 feet or so making it hard to get into the water, not easy at all for little children. there are mainly Dutch and South American's here and they do vacation differently than Americans are used to. barely anyone is dressed great so leave your LV and Gucci home, it won't be appreciated, (darn)"....
The breakfast is very good, and the lunch on the beach or pool is okay too, not amazing. it looks and feels like a much better high class resort than it is. the rooms are simple and grow on you but VERY CLEAN.. make sure you know the difference between an Oceanside room and Oceanview room.
this is not an upscale classy island so don't worry about being about the best spot ever, it's not like that here, it's like a rustic Aruba a lot more industrial, tourism is just not their main industry here. I am glad to be here, if u want the perfect water and beach and total upscale everything go to Grace Bay Beach in Turks... The hotel lobby is active and fun to sit in, the casino is very nicely run and seems to be not stingy ....
if I come back I would stay here, but I seriously feel the beach with all the rocks is hard for children and the elderly..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad