We were a group of friends who stayed at the Holiday Beach Resort, Curacao in the month of May, 2011.
Prior to our stay we looked at Trip Advisor for reviews from guests who had recently stayed at the property. From what was read, a lot of it was negative. Despite this we threw caution out the window and prepared ourselves to experience the Holiday Beach Resort head on.
It took us fifteen minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. We hired a taxi from the taxi station and it cost $20.00US total for the four of us.
The ride from the airport to the hotel was pleasant and very scenic.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were delighted to see how beautiful the outside physical appearance of the hotel is.
Upon entry, the bellhop quickly gathered our ton of suitcases and took them inside to the lobby/reception area. We were then escorted to the front desk.
Check in was quick and simple and we were greeted by some of the most beautiful and charming young ladies. One of them who stood out most to us was Suzette. She was always smiling and pleasant and gave us all such a warm and hearty welcome.
We were given our individual electronic room keys and the bellhop further escorted us to the elevator to take us to our rooms.
Upon entry to the room, we immediately noticed how well appointed the rooms were. Each had two queen size beds and oh so comfortable!
There is ample storage space for clothes and personal belongings. AC worked well and the bathroom was clean and functioned well.
Chamber maids were efficient and cleaned our rooms and changed all the lines every morning. There was never an instance where we had to look for clean towels or request room cleaning service.
We were also given rooms which overlooked the pool and garden area. Very nice view indeed! Although we didn’t really have much time to go onto the balcony area, it was still nice that it existed.
The hotel has a pool, a huge one at that! And it was very clean during our entire stay. Pool towels are readily available and are quite plush! There is also a gym adjacent to the pool and the equipment was new and functioned well. The restaurant and bar is also not too far away from this area and this is where we had breakfast at $14.00US per person. Each morning we would go down to the restaurant, pay our money and enjoy a sumptuous buffet breakfast!
The Hotel has a Casino, games room and a convenience store. There is also a Denny’s fast food outlet on compound that serves delicious American meals. We ate there several times. The food is great! Ask for Carlos or Zulaika!
The hotel is very close to Otrabanda and Punda. It is about 10 minutes walk along a shaded path to the city from the hotel. We never felt afraid or threatened walking to and from the city/hotel. Although we didn’t really venture out too late, just to be careful. There is also a complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel to the city at scheduled times during the day!
Shopping in Otrabanda/Punda is great! But the designer stores are quite expensive, especially the shops located at the Renaissance Mall. But the quality is fantastic and the options endless!
Overall, we had a wonderful time at the Holiday Beach Resort. We cannot find any faults that would warrant a negative comment.
Thank you to the management and staff of Holiday Beach resort for a beautiful holiday and we look forward to another visit very soon! Bon Beni!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private beach, this Otrobanda resort is within a 15-minute walk of Curacao Museum, Renaissance Shopping Mall, and Rif Fort. Riffort Village and Queen Emma Bridge are also within 1 mi (2 km). Resort Features Spend the day relaxing on Holiday Beach Resort and Casino's private sand beach or at a casino before returning for a meal at one of the resort's 2 restaurants. Room Amenities All 108 rooms offer WiFi, balconies or patios, and TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find refrigerators, hair dryers, and safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Beach Hotel Willemstad
- Holiday Beach Hotel And Casino Curacao/Willemstad