“Amazing caves”

and up
Ostrich Farm and HATO Caves Combo Adventure
Ranked #25 of 116 things to do in Willemstad
More attraction details
Owner description: Old coral reefs exposed when the sea receded.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

These are fantastic caves for many reasons; the formations within the caves, the bats, the fact the caves are above ground and are really warm, the sheer darkness in some parts and of course the guide, he was fabulous. We have many caves in England but these were honestly some of the prettiest and most fascinating I have seen. Well worth a visit!
Be warned that there are about 50 steps up to the caves, this won't suit everyone.

3  Thank cheesecake0509
Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"nice tour"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I thought the caves would be cool but they were actually warm/hot caves so be warned. The history behind the caves is very moving. also note that there are bats in the caves. There was a bit of stairs to get up to the cave but they were manageable. Glad we did it. We parked really close to the gates and the gentleman at the gate watched the car for a tip.

2  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We did the Hato Caves and Ostrich farm tour with Yellow tours. The caves were great well, well worth going. and the Ostrich farm was also fun. I would NOT book this tour with yellow tours however, as we were on the same tour (same bus and all) with people who had book the same tour through a different group and they paid significantly less.

3  Thank Patty B
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I hike up some narrow stairs to the caves, and one realizes they really are hot. Once they closed the gate to begin the tour, I got claustrophobic, and could not continue, but my husband made it through the caves, and came out soaked with sweat. He enjoyed the trek, but needed a shower afterward.

1  Thank worldtravelingtutor